11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 07-08-2007, 02:09 AM
Enthusiast

Thrashermad is a jewel in the community Thrashermad is a jewel in the community
Favorite bands/music to listen to while blowing heads off?
So what kind of music do you guys normally listen to while playing FPS?

Some bands that come to mind for me are Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth, Disturbed, Strapping Young Lad, and Tool.

Basically, any rock or metal works for me. Not just for FPS either. Though I usually save the more mellow stuff for when I'm playing RTS since I have to concentrate and all.

Old 07-08-2007, 03:19 AM

DizzySaxophone has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to DizzySaxophone Send a message via MSN to DizzySaxophone Send a message via Yahoo to DizzySaxophone
I usually listen to Led Zeppelin while playing FPS.

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
Old 07-08-2007, 04:04 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
I dont listen to music at all, especially in multiplayer. I think it's more important to be able to hear the enemy than rock out
Old 07-08-2007, 04:49 AM

Sarge-LotD has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to Sarge-LotD
Tool- Vicarious, of course
Old 07-08-2007, 06:23 AM
Enthusiast

Yeti is a jewel in the community Yeti is a jewel in the community
i don't listen to music.. if i do its usually some funk... but mostly im listening for footsteps or weapon noises
Old 07-09-2007, 12:11 AM

KyanMehwulfe has much to be proud of
I almost never listen to music when gaming as a whole, often even the game's actual soundtrack, for the sake of its ambience. But if I do it's typically either a playlist of Pearl Jam, Sound Garden, etc, or I throw it on either Chillout or Drum & Base (two purposeful extremes) on DI.FM net radio.

The latter always seems to help with grinding in mmos more than shooters, however. To the unaware bystander, I likely appear a spastic jackrabbit. The time goes by faster, though.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:21 AM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
I really can't listen to Pearl Jam (or soundgarden for that matter) while playing an FPS... I calm down way too much and can't enjoy it when I'm supposed to concentrate on killing people.

I only play music really really loud when I'm playing Halo... And then it's Funky Town (from Lipss Inc)... Yesssss, that while I drive my warthog and run over people is awesome! Plus people will hear me broadcasting it when I'm near... So the last thing they hear before they get shot in the face is Funkytown... Love it.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:13 AM

KyanMehwulfe has much to be proud of
Corduroy in particular works for me.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
bassdrive.com, esp the canadian crew.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 07-10-2007, 01:26 AM
I Are Famous!

Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community
I listen to....

UberGuildRadio!

Okay, maybe that's not true, but in the future it could be...