11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 07-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Enthusiast

BaronJuJu is community member of note
BF2 Coop server question
Is it possible to set up an unranked, coop server that allows all of the weapons to be unlocked and available? My friends and I enjoy playing this game, but it gets old using the same guns over and over when we have more options to choose from.

Thanks for the help.

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Old 07-08-2007, 06:43 AM
Enthusiast

torak101 is a jewel in the community
You still playing vanilla bro?

You need to look at the following mods.

Allied intent (total co-op mod) IF you want co-op but with more bots (the game will not spawn 60+ bots no matter what size map you go into) without going in and making some changes to the your files. I forget where the instructions are, just google bf2 increase bots or something for instructions. If you don't change it, the game will never spawn more then 15 per side. Even on the 64 size Allied Intent maps. Allied Intent has custom kit load outs that are much better then the vanilla kits. I don't think many people do the co-op thing so you aren't going to see any full servers however.

I am playing exclusively "Point of Existance" http://www.pointofexistence.com/ a full conversion, custom mod featuring a complete German army against the Ukraine army and when I'm feeling hardcore, "Project reality" http://www.realitymod.com/ with has total custom kits, lots of rule changes and UK SAS (soon a full UK army) US army rangers and an Insurgent faction.
Go to this website for a really good FPS community...
http://www.tacticalgamer.com/#

Also here
http://www.totalbf2.com/index.php

Didn't I give you this info before?

You gotta be nuts to be playing vanilla, none of the decent players are on public servers anymore, just the bunny hopping kids.

Are you going to be getting Quake Wars at all? (Aug 1 release give or take) I have some friends in our time zone if you are interested. They will probably get a server with a normal batch of people (all english speakers, no Deutsch required) let me know if you are interested. Shooters are just like MMO's, they aren't worth a darn without a good community/team.

But Allied intent is definity the way to go if you want co-op.
Last edited by torak101 : 07-08-2007 at 07:06 AM.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Enthusiast

BaronJuJu is community member of note
Thanks for the info bro.

Yeah I know I am nuts for playing vanilla still but if you can believe it I was finally able to pull my brothers off of BF1942 and ease them into BF2. We enjoy just shooting it up and playing as a team. I bought my own server but I can't seem to load up any changes or mods to it. Its pretty fun so far, we have a AA, BF2 and UT2k4 server up and its nice to be able to just jump on and not have to worry about asshats TK'ing, etc (love them admin abilities)

I will check out the links you sent and try out those mods, definitely need a change of scenery from the same ol games.

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Old 07-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Enthusiast

torak101 is a jewel in the community
I think with "Allied Intent" there is a server download.

Check out "tactical gamer" for team play focused play in BF2 and other games. They are very strict and serious about no kiddie playing around. You have 90 seconds to join a squad when you get in a server or it auto boots you. They then expect you to actually play as a team/squad. Shocking I'm sure.

By the way, unless you are a big fan of BF games, I wouldn't bother to much with BF2142. Its really not worth the time. Its all vanilla and its really not much more then a mod of BF2 anyway. They could have really done a lot with a Sci-Fi setting but they opted for a drab 2 generic national factions slugging it out on a few non descript maps. The plus is the titan mode but its not enough to save it.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda is the sub title of the game.
Last edited by torak101 : 07-08-2007 at 01:07 PM.