11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 12-07-2006, 04:29 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Luv Holiday Survival Depot
What to get Aunt Sally this year and other holiday dilemmas...

Need ideas for gifts? recipes? holiday decorating? very strong alcoholic drink?

Ask here and GuildCafe's holiday experts (ya that would likely be the women) we'll endeavor to help you with tip and links.

For gift help please give the age, gender and relationship to you of the recipient as well as a price range.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Founding Member

Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow
fine me a good digital photo frame, every 7 in frame I find has terrible reviews,

price range is less than $200
Old 12-07-2006, 06:59 PM

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Thumbs up Photos as Gifts: Better to go the old fashion route
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
find me a good digital photo frame, every 7 in frame I find has terrible review
If every digital frame has bad reviews I would not buy any. Chances are that they are all made with the same chipset and display, so the differences other than style are non-existent.

Important>>>Who is the present for? If you are looking to give parents or grandparents a photo of you, go the old fashion way and head to a professional portrait shop. Get an archival quality print and put it in a great frame with a double matt under glass (forget that non-glare crap). This will give them something very nice to hang in their home and not have to squint to see for about $200 all together.

Last year we requested that my in-laws give us a portrait of themselves for Xmas. Reluctantly they complied and got a very nice shot of the two of them as a result. When the rest of the family saw the portrait, they all had to have one too. It became the most popular family gift of all time and they ended up giving framed prints to everyone.

Old 12-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Founding Member

Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community
Its for my mother who is really big into her digital camera, thus the digital picture frame, she just bought a scanner so she could scan all the family photos and have them digital forever.

CHECK OUT THE GAMERDNA CITY
26 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 4% Dork
Old 12-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Its for my mother who is really big into her digital camera, thus the digital picture frame, she just bought a scanner so she could scan all the family photos and have them digital forever.
If you don't like the frames, why not buy her a bigger memory chip or extra camera battery? There were days I'd have given blood for either of those.

Or, if your mom is tech savvy, a gift card to Best Buy along with a note so she can pick one out?

And if that doesn't feel personal enough...

...to go along with it, do you have a set of the digital pics she's scanned, like maybe from her wedding or when you were small or something? You could also make and burn to DVD a slide show of her pictures for a personal touch to go with the present. I did this with my parents wedding pics a few years ago...major bonus scores on that gift!

Old 12-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Founding Member

its not that I don't like any of them I just have not seen or heard of anyone liking them, but I don't really trust online reviewers because most of the time the only people who write a review are either really pissed or like the product and see the few really pissed people and try to counter it

CHECK OUT THE GAMERDNA CITY
26 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 4% Dork
Old 12-08-2006, 05:04 AM
Troll

samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
I'm terrible at giving gifts, but each year, like clockwork, I get a nice box of godiva chocolates in the mail from a client. At first I was miffed and confused, but as the years have gone by, its become a tradition at home that from <> December 10th to the end of january, my daughter and I each share 1 godiva chocolate each day until they run out.

So to me, its the best gift I ever received in the business world, So each year I send all my other clients a box of godiva chocolates. For them I try to find some rare/trendy imported chocolates since I know the owner is a choc-o-holic.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:22 AM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Oooh can I be a client! I haven't had Godiva in FOREVER. The closest one is like a 45 minute drive each way

Old 12-08-2006, 02:22 PM

My favorite corporate gifts to receive are booze. I don't like food gifts because most of the times they have sugar which I don't eat. I don't like coffee gifts because I am a snob and I roast and grind my own beans. My favorite brand of scotch was originally a gift...at the time I had no idea how nice. McCallum's 18 year $129 to $139 per bottle--aged in sherry casks. Now you know what to get me.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post
My favorite corporate gifts to receive are booze. I don't like food gifts because most of the times they have sugar which I don't eat. I don't like coffee gifts because I am a snob and I roast and grind my own beans. My favorite brand of scotch was originally a gift...at the time I had no idea how nice. McCallum's 18 year $129 to $139 per bottle--aged in sherry casks. Now you know what to get me.

I try and stay processed sugar free too - what a pain in the butt when combined with gluten free! Have you got any good sugar free recipes?

Maybe I'll have to send Armaya some Godiva for Christmas.