11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 07-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Enthusiast

Valor has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Valor Send a message via MSN to Valor Send a message via Yahoo to Valor
Personal Message Support
I have been working with the site alot and have found it fairly difficult to click someones name and just send them a PM. It is easy to do from a post on the forums, but doing it off of their personal page, well to be honest I am not sure it is possible.

Secondly, I completely understand that it is the user's responsibility to check their own mail, but I find it is easier to know when you have recieved a message if there is some sort of notification aside from a Mail (1) in 6pt font on the top left corner of the page. A suggestion for this would be to move the hovering friend requests to the members personal page. Creating a small compartment that would show PM's, Friend Requests, and any other pertanent information to that member. Or creating some sort of notification for a recent interaction tab. Something that will chronicle any interaction people have with that person.

Keeping the Site news updates on its own tab is great. But having a some sort of visual notification would aid in keeping the user informed about who is trying to interact with them.

All ideas, the PM situation is currently my only concern though.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:51 PM

Jarlaxle has much to be proud of
I completely agree with him. WHen I just registered I was having problems with even finding my private messages inbox and control panel. And I was trying to find it after I was searching a way to send a PM to someone through their personal page
Old 07-05-2007, 06:44 PM
I Are Famous!

Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community
You are correct, you cannot send a PM through a user's personal page. If you go to your 'mail' page (your inbox), under the heading of Private Messages is 'Send New Message.' Simply click this and type in the person's username, type your message and send. If you do not know a person's username (i.e. you forgot how to spell it) simply type in the first letter or as much of the name as you are certain of, and click in the box where you are typing. A list of matching users will appear and you can simply select the person's name from the list.

I agree, adding a little PM button to the personal pages would be handy, but at least now you know how to do it (especially for those who haven't posted on the forums yet).
Old 07-05-2007, 10:58 PM

I think he knew it before, but asked for a PM button on the user's page to be added.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:35 PM
gamerDNA Team

Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community
Thanks for your thoughts. Yes, there's a bunch of things like this that could be a whole lot better. Improving the whole UI is one of our major goals in the near-term so please feel free to critique at will.

Disruptor Beam -- Facebook RPGs
Old 07-07-2007, 02:41 AM

Thanks for adding it, its pretty neat
Old 07-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Valor Send a message via MSN to Valor Send a message via Yahoo to Valor
Thank you for adding it.

just to be picky, the icon on my screen just looks like a white box to be honest. Can anyone else see what it is supposed to look like? Its possible I have my contrast turned up.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:33 PM
I Are Famous!

Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community
Are you viewing this in IE (or any other non-Firefox browser that I'm not familiar with)? I'm pretty sure it can't just be your contrast, because the image is just a series of yellow lines forming the outline of an envelope, with a transparent background. .PNGs don't display properly in some browsers, so this could be your problem.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Enthusiast

internet explorer. And I can make out the shape, just it seems like all the lines that should be dark or shaded in are white.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:52 PM
I Are Famous!

Take a look at my guild Nocturnal Raider's page really quick (raid.guildcafe.com).

Do you see lots of similar images with white around them, making our page look really goofy, maybe even blocking out some of the content? This is what things look like to me when I use IE...