11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 06-23-2007, 02:08 AM

Naeya has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Naeya
Friend not showing up
I invited a friend today and he signed up (Trifanis). I'm showing up on his friend's list, but for some reason, he doesn't show up on mine. Anything I'm doin' wrong?
Old 06-23-2007, 02:43 AM
I Are Famous!

Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community
I had this problem when I invited Eliam Sylin as well...at first. I never figured out what I did that may have fixed this, but one day he just showed up on my page. Give it a couple of days and they may just show up...or someone like Tarinth or Roxxianna will come along and save the day.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:45 AM
Lurker in Disguise

Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Send a message via ICQ to Syldra Send a message via AIM to Syldra Send a message via MSN to Syldra Send a message via Yahoo to Syldra
from my POV, you're not on his list either.

try checking the what's new tab (on your personal page) for an accept/reject option?
might be hard to see-- is a little yellow squarey to the right of "hot content"
or, if he's got it, it'll say at the bottom of the page.
*isn't really sure*

hope you find a solution.

Old 06-23-2007, 03:00 AM

Well he's my husband, so I got him to check and from his POV, I'm there. I'll look around for an acceptance box and also give it a few days, if Tarinth or other of the powers that be don't answer.

Thanks for the replies!
Old 06-24-2007, 01:49 AM

Well he removed me from his friends list and reinvited me. After accepting, everything seems to be showing up as it should.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:18 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Strange. We have heard of this problem before but not been able to duplicate. This thread documents the problem nicely so when we get out of guild hosting hell, we can look at it more seriously.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:55 AM

SoulFyre has much to be proud of
Question friends not showing up
I have invited several friends to www.guildcafe.com and they have accepted... i should have 5 friends.. but only 2 of them are showing up.. the 3 that are not showing up are DRT-Blazin, Tanedos, Rudelilgirl.
the 2 that are showing up are Tedman, Gizmo.

there are not any friend invite tags on the whats new page.. i checked..
when i view thier page.. it says they are my friends with the thumbs up icon.. along with the little pop-up window that says they are on my friends list.

but still they do not show on my list of friends.. is there something im doing wrong?

Oh.. and after looking at the fame point listing.. it seems i am not getting the +50 points of fame for them as a friend either.

is there anything that i need to do to fix this problem?
Old 06-25-2007, 03:33 PM
gamerDNA Team

Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community
I see the problem is fixed for you now. We're looking into why this happens sometimes.

Disruptor Beam -- Facebook RPGs
Old 06-28-2007, 09:20 PM

Yevi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yevi Send a message via Yahoo to Yevi
Me too.

I invited a friend through email. They registered at guildcafe (the username was different than their email address). I show up as his friend, but he does not show up as my friend. I checked and he does not have the acceptance box. He does not show up on my list of pending invites. I tried to reinvite using his guildcafe name but it says I have already invited that person.

One thing that I have noticed is that Firefox doesn't work as well as IE. When someone else invited me as a friend, I didn't see the acceptance box until I switched to IE.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:28 PM

Yevi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yevi Send a message via Yahoo to Yevi
BTW, I checked on his profile page and it says "Your Friend". So, the link is there, he is just not showing up on my list of friends.