11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 07-03-2007, 12:19 PM

Walliss has much to be proud of
Been playing it for quite a bit and I have to say I love it as much as the original Enemy territory.

It takes some time to get your head around things though, which again was the same with RTCW:ET. I at first thought that vehicles would destroy the flow of game play kind of like BF2 does where someone good in a jet will completely dominate any pub matches, but after a few hours playing people get the hang of how to counter act them quite easily so they survive short periods of time ... enough to do allot of damage but not dominate the battlefield itself.

There are quite a few bits and bobs I didn't even realize till quite a few hours into the game, regarding what deployables which classes have (on both sides) what strength and weaknesses are for each class on each side, best thing I can say is to try one class at a time and at least try to pilot each vehicle which also feel quite unique themselves as well. Each weapon has a completely different feel to it and requires quite a bit of mastering of how to use them effectively. And possibly the best thing is the complete difference between the two sides that makes it almost a completely different game swapping sides.

One thing I loved about Et was the focused battle points, unlike BF series where it's a series of open check points you can capture - Enemy territory excels at the point of focused objectives of the map. On the public demo map you have key points you have to either defend or take and each team is working towards that goal rather than randomly running around a map getting solo kills (which in ET:QW is pretty pointless anyway). I can only hope they keep the same type of system for most of the maps as this is the thing that sets this game apart from any other game out there.

Now for the bad parts, Some weapons are overpowered - I can rack up 10-20 kills in a row with the Strogg hyperblaster with little support and seems the cone of fire bloom from firing extended periods with it is not big enough (like the GPMG of the GDF) so lends itself to be a killing machine. Stick two hyper blaster strogg with a mechanic with them they are pretty much unstopable in close quaters.

GDF weapons seem on the whole allot less accurate and less damaging than the strogg equivelents, I'm not sure if this is intended and I wouldn't see why. Also the GDF carry more ammo in total but the magazine size is rediculous.

Graphics, now from the screenshots they dont look all that great untill you actually get into the game. You basically can see the entire stretch of the map with zero fog-of-war type limiting. The mega-texture of the map is superb in my opinion giving the actual terrain a more realistic look and feel to it.

Overall I love the game and have already pre-ordered
Old 07-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Founding Member

DaMann is a cornerstone of the community DaMann is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to DaMann
Ya this is a really interesting FPS, it has so much to learn compared to a BF map or something of the sort. It isn't as straight forward, but is a blast, give me a new map already
Old 07-15-2007, 06:24 PM

Swendle is an unknown quantity at this point
im really loving the beta myself, got up to Lance Corporal status. I cant stop playing!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Founding Member

DaMann is a cornerstone of the community DaMann is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to DaMann
World in conflict has me for the moment
Old 08-13-2007, 11:27 AM

Walliss has much to be proud of
Beta 2 just made me love this game even more, allot of tweaks went in according to some massive feedback .. all in the right direction.

I'm quite looking forward to the main game now.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Founding Member

Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow
I love the reviews and look forward to playing this game myself, any guilds out there for this game?

CHECK OUT THE GAMERDNA CITY
26 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 4% Dork
Old 08-13-2007, 09:48 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I love the reviews and look forward to playing this game myself, any guilds out there for this game?
I'm going to buy it once it's released so if you find one, let me in!
Old 08-26-2007, 09:03 PM
The Bored One

Laufton13 is community member of note
This game is a definite buy for me

Old 08-31-2007, 11:08 PM

Swendle is an unknown quantity at this point
yea beta 2's new map is pretty fun and can get real intense real quick. As far as guilds/clans go there are already a few of them out there. They even have their own beta servers and what not already. One clan that comes to mind is the RXXclan i believe, i play on their server everyday . Some others are F8, HOC, and CiC, hope that helps!!
Old 09-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Opinionated Gamer

Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
I pre-ordered this quite a while ago. Okay, that tactic didn't work out too well for me with Bioshock, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one!
'till you run out of cake.