11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 06-24-2007, 10:01 PM

KyanMehwulfe has much to be proud of
The map design is starting to focus good action into areas strong for skirmishes and standoffs. It'll be a while yet before it's prevalent since folks are learning the map yet and still experimenting, but every few servers there's a real strong game that helps illustrate why Splash Damage knows map design so well (and what ET's map strength is).
Old 06-24-2007, 11:33 PM
Founding Member

Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
I plan on writing a quick review on ET:QW this weekend on comparison and how i think the game play compares to games like the battlefield series (so far from what i've played it looks very interesting and has a lot of the feel of the old Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory)
old wolf game was soooooo great!!! I am sure I will check out your blog yeti, makes me think about writing a review on Tabula Rasa

CHECK OUT THE GAMERDNA CITY
26 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 4% Dork
Old 06-25-2007, 06:41 AM

Subliminalman has set foot on a distinguished road
so does it require a dx10 card?????

"Its the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are." - Teh Masterer PP
Old 06-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Founding Member

DaMann is a cornerstone of the community DaMann is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to DaMann
I am playing on a Nvidia 6800, its runs fine, i turned downed the GFX because I was getting stutters, not great looking, but still pretty sweet.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Founding Member

Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community
nice! that was my next question!!

Old 06-25-2007, 08:52 PM
Enthusiast

Yeti is a jewel in the community Yeti is a jewel in the community
After playing the game for about half the weekend i've come to decide that i will be getting this game when it comes out. the developer's seem to have found the balance between the world of quake and the game play style of ET from playing the single level released with the beta you play as the strogg(Defending) and the Attacking Human GDF (Global Defense Force). of the two opposing sides the five classes are used to achieve the same result but most of the time in a slightly different way. due to the weapons and Vehicles used by the two technologically differing sides.

if you have any specific questions about gameplay/vehicles classes or anything else feel free to ask and i will answer to the best of my ability

(DX10)- for most games DX10 wont be a requirement for another few years because the average time for someone to upgrade their card is about 2-3 years developer's wont be cutting off the DX9 market for at least that long. all it means is that the DX9 versons of games will be slightly less "Pretty". so dont sweat the DX10 issue too much you still have alot of life in the DX9 series cards.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:23 PM

Subliminalman has set foot on a distinguished road
Schweeeet dont have to pay more to play! Glad my 7950 will do fine. Is there a release date announced?

"Its the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are." - Teh Masterer PP
Old 06-25-2007, 09:28 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subliminalman View Post
Is there a release date announced?
From the sites i've been reading the release has been moved from a summer Edit*2007* to a "when its done" release date. tho it is possible they are just delaying to release it at Quakecon (big surprise there) it seems we are in the hands of the game gods so pray for a quick release.

Yes i meant 2007
Last edited by Yeti : 06-26-2007 at 12:46 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
From the sites i've been reading the release has been moved from a summer 2006 to a "when its done" release date. tho it is possible they are just delaying to release it at Quakecon (big surprise there) it seems we are in the hands of the game gods so pray for a quick release.
I am sure you mean 2007...or god I hope thats what you meant....it is 2007 right???

Yeti didn't notice you were a fellow PDXer, good to know... You got any system recommendations to run this game smoothly on decent settings?

Old 06-26-2007, 12:54 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Yeti didn't notice you were a fellow PDXer, good to know... You got any system recommendations to run this game smoothly on decent settings?
well i've been running it at MAX settings because my system is.... kinda beefy. i will load it up on one of my older computers tonight and see what is a good mid range to play w/o breaking your wallet to upgrade. but speaking from experiance if you have 1-2gigs of ram and a CPU that is less then 2 years old with the exception of a vid card that should be enough, now if your gona upgrade im betting the video card would be the most bang for you buck. something like an 8800 GTS either the 640 (about 350-400) or the 320 (About 250-300) i mainly suggest these cards because at this rate you might as well get a DX10 compatible card so when you do get vista and a game that runs DX10 you don't need to upgrade again.