11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 06-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Founding Member

DaMann is a cornerstone of the community DaMann is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to DaMann
Quake Wars: Enemy Territory
is anyone playing this beta? It is being offered through file planet as a subscriber only beta, so if you have it I suggest checking it out. I am downloading it right now to give it a try
http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/qw_screening.aspx
Just login and it will take you to the beta sign-up and give you your key! I'll post my gaming handle once I finish downloading.

Main Site :http://www.enemyterritory.com
Old 06-22-2007, 12:54 AM
Founding Member

Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow
let me know how it compare to 2142, my EA link is down and I can't download the last patch so I don't have a FPS to release my anger on!

CHECK OUT THE GAMERDNA CITY
26 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 4% Dork
Old 06-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Founding Member

DaMann is a cornerstone of the community DaMann is a cornerstone of the community
Well I haven't really been able to sit down and play out a game, however I did get in 10 or twenty minutes before class.

First Impression:

Lots of gadgets: They have quite a few sweet vehicles and something that resembles a jet pack, but with BOMBS.
Every class seems to have about 6 different weapons to choose from, even a sword (think halo 2). It looks like this game has lots of potential and its objective based gameplay seems fun, at least from what I understand of it
As for comparison to 2142, I have never played it, but from playing past BF games, I'd say it isn't much like it, game play is different, the feel is different, its just different.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:43 PM
Founding Member

Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community
last time I played a quake game I got angry because I could never get a wepon before I was shot, I think I will pick this game up though does it have a campain mode or just online multiplayer?

Old 06-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Founding Member

There will be single player in the final version, non in the beta as far as I know Ya, you spawn with all of your goodies(Nades,deployables,flying UAV's,guns) Think Tribes 2 in terms of spawning, you get to pick all your stuff.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:43 PM

Blanco has set foot on a distinguished road
gah. i let my subscription lapse a few months ago. Any way to get this from someone with fileplanet? OR anyone with fileplanet that doesn't want to beta this?
Old 06-23-2007, 12:04 AM
Founding Member

ditto blanco

Old 06-23-2007, 01:23 AM
Enthusiast

Yeti is a jewel in the community Yeti is a jewel in the community
I plan on writing a quick review on ET:QW this weekend on comparison and how i think the game play compares to games like the battlefield series (so far from what i've played it looks very interesting and has a lot of the feel of the old Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory)
Old 06-23-2007, 10:15 AM

Azgre has much to be proud of
man it looks awsome and i play the battlefield seris so im physiced bout this game looks like uber pwnage
Old 06-24-2007, 11:05 AM

Subliminalman has set foot on a distinguished road
Do u need to get DX10 for this game or could I stay in the luke warm waters of DX9 for a little while longer?? Also does it play like ETW?

"Its the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are." - Teh Masterer PP