11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Multiplayer Strategy & RTS Games

Old 05-21-2007, 02:19 PM

shrikke has much to be proud of
MOO2
Anyone here play this game Masters Of Orion 2? There used to be a bunch of us on the TEN network playing this and sometimes diablo 1. After TEN we started playing on the Kali network, (yea, who's bright idea was it to make a gaming network based on IPX?). Moo2 was the last good turn based strat game. I love RTS and MMORPGs but my desk only got cleaned up good when I was playing moo2
Old 05-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Enthusiast

alomo has set foot on a distinguished road
moo2 is a great game. never played it on TEN. it is a shame they messed up MOO3 so badly.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:32 AM

Amnar has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Amnar
MOO3 was a disaster, it's probably the single biggest dissapointment ever when it comes to games.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:57 AM
Enthusiast

alomo has set foot on a distinguished road
i still play moo2 on my laptop on occasion. for some reason, it likes the windows xp better on that one than the xp pro on my desktop.

i never touched moo3. from my understanding, it is 'like playing excel.' i read so many horrible reviews.

moo2 had so many great qualities. you could win by sheer brute force, by taking out the antaran homeworld, or by galactic council victory. the races were varied enough to make each one interesting (but, c'mon, who in their right mind would NOT want to play the psilons?) the micromanagement was just to the point where it was fun and interesting. not too much, not too little. you could customize your fleet to however you wanted it. i loved the leaders. one of the strangest things is, i always found room for Adminstrator Draxx. i think he must have been a favorite of the programmers. i swear, i would see 'adminstrator draxx has eliminated an enemy spy' about evey other turn even though i would have another leader with better stats.

they could very easily make an online game based out of it. it has enough in game history to have something to go off of, and enough freedom for the developers to play around with to make it interesting.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:44 AM
Famous Member

Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence
Loved MOO2. Hated MOO3.

Try Galactic Civilization II. No multiplayer though, the AI is REALLY good.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:57 AM

Amnar has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Amnar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alomo View Post
i still play moo2 on my laptop on occasion. for some reason, it likes the windows xp better on that one than the xp pro on my desktop.

i never touched moo3. from my understanding, it is 'like playing excel.' i read so many horrible reviews.

moo2 had so many great qualities. you could win by sheer brute force, by taking out the antaran homeworld, or by galactic council victory. the races were varied enough to make each one interesting (but, c'mon, who in their right mind would NOT want to play the psilons?) the micromanagement was just to the point where it was fun and interesting. not too much, not too little. you could customize your fleet to however you wanted it. i loved the leaders. one of the strangest things is, i always found room for Adminstrator Draxx. i think he must have been a favorite of the programmers. i swear, i would see 'adminstrator draxx has eliminated an enemy spy' about evey other turn even though i would have another leader with better stats.

they could very easily make an online game based out of it. it has enough in game history to have something to go off of, and enough freedom for the developers to play around with to make it interesting.
Terrans for the win :-P You're wrong about MOO3 being like playing excel, excel is more fun.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:11 PM

Immanuel has much to be proud of
MOO2 was one of my favorite games ever. Like the civ titles but better. I had fun trying to create my own race but I always had to use the psilon picture or they would be my enemies and they were the best AI race the game had. Sadly it won't install on my new computer so I have to wait and see if they make another one.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:20 PM
gamerDNA Team

Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community
Have you tried Galactic Civilizations 2? It's a game in the spirit of MOO, and released recently. The publisher is Stardock.

Disruptor Beam -- Facebook RPGs
Old 06-10-2007, 08:37 PM
The Midnight Piper

Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Skyles
Loved Moo2.

I own both GalCiv I and II, and I've found both disappointing. They have lots of nice features, but they just don't grip me - both leave me feling bored halfway through. I love world domination/exploration, so I keep going back to give it another couple tries every few months - with the same results. Even Moo3 seemed more compelling, as messed up and unfinished as it was.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:47 PM

Immanuel has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarinth View Post
Have you tried Galactic Civilizations 2? It's a game in the spirit of MOO, and released recently. The publisher is Stardock.

I am a MAC person and Galactic Civ's is PC only but thanks anyway. I have to wait for somemore MAC love.