11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Tabletop Games

Old 12-10-2008, 03:02 PM

KreedGhost is a jewel in the community KreedGhost is a jewel in the community
Gamerdna RP Campaign
So I have had this idea in my head for sometime now and I thought this would be a good place to put into action. What I want to do is create a forum or site, possibly using the gamerdna hosting as the location. The idea is an online table top rp based on AD&D, the setting, the world and almost everything would come from the the DMís. Since we do have a lot of table top players here I think this is something that could be fun and teach those who wanted to learn how to play.

Since it would be forum based, it would be a little LARP style involved as we would take the role of the character to heart. What I would like to do is get three other veteran table toppers who like to create worlds and such to help me do this, since it would be done online the campaign could go on for a long time and could be done at a pace that was good for all involved. I am not sure how we would use dice rolls for this as I donít think Gamerdna has any dice rollers we could use. But, I am sure we could sort that issue out with a little thought and communication.

Each DM would be associated with a different part of the world. I am not sure if any of the Gamerdna staff is into table topping but if they were, it would be great to see what they thought about this idea. Right now I am still working on setting this up and getting something worked out for it, but I am really interested in what others think about the idea and how they think it could help the table top section and even get more of those who want to learn involved.

Another thing about it would be the fact the idea is for AD&D, but, we would not have to run with that we could bring another system into it if more people were interested in another table top system. Some of the ones that we could run this with would be;

World of Darkness (Old or New)
Ravenloft
Shadowrun
Cyberpunk

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head right now. Please feel free to give all feedback and ask any question you might have about this. I would love to hear input from any and all who read this post. If you like the idea and want to help out, or want to DM just post your interest in DMing.

Quick note: All DMís would be in charge of a certain aspect of the chronicle, each one would have responsibilities dedicated to a certain thing. Which will be given out once and if enough people show interest in this.

Well, thatís it, what do you all think?
Last edited by KreedGhost : 12-12-2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: To use for an RP I wish to run on gamerdna
Old 12-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Lurker in Disguise

Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Send a message via ICQ to Syldra Send a message via AIM to Syldra Send a message via MSN to Syldra Send a message via Yahoo to Syldra
revlazaro and others almost had something like this rolling, but something got in the way. i forget what.

I'd be interested in trying it - as a player. 'fraid i've got nil exp tho.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:00 AM

BaboonOfTheYard is a jewel in the community BaboonOfTheYard is a jewel in the community
I'd like to try as well. As you saw, I'm a complete noob, but I'd love to get involved.
"The power of 7 is a major influence in the world. From ancient writings, to days of the week, to number of Harry Potter books, to alchemical thingies, to "Shichinin no samurai" - seven has indeed proven itself as a lucky number."
-ThinkGeek
Old 12-13-2008, 07:34 AM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syldra View Post
revlazaro and others almost had something like this rolling, but something got in the way. i forget what.
Long story short: Real life work and personal BS got in the way. To a degree it's still eating up my tabletop time.

I'd love to see the idea take off however; I'd be willing to lend any help I can but actually DM'ing and managing a game I'm afraid I do not have the time to spare.

PS --
Any actual Vent/Voice chat campaigns being considered?
I've pushed a lot of online tabletop software before, and if the issue of an accessible VoIP is needed I recommend this program:
http://getgsc.com/

It's kinda like Xfire in that it's a gamer IM, but, it also provides free 200-Slot voice servers hosted on their dedicated data havens. It's pretty swank for make shift freebie communities like this.

Also, as much as I'm into games like Shadowrun/Cyberpunk and the like, for building a community and bringing in new people I would recommend something like AD&D or d20.

Why? Because d20 is open sourced, and with AD&D you can send them to projects like OSIRIC which is essentially a stand alone clone of old school AD&D. All the rules in one hefty 400+ page document for referrence. That's just my 2 cents -- since we have a lot of newcomers interested, finding systems that are freely available and we'd be able to reproduce content for helping character creation.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 12-13-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revlazaro View Post
PS --
Any actual Vent/Voice chat campaigns being considered?
I've pushed a lot of online tabletop software before, and if the issue of an accessible VoIP is needed I recommend this program:
http://getgsc.com/

It's kinda like Xfire in that it's a gamer IM, but, it also provides free 200-Slot voice servers hosted on their dedicated data havens. It's pretty swank for make shift freebie communities like this.

Also, as much as I'm into games like Shadowrun/Cyberpunk and the like, for building a community and bringing in new people I would recommend something like AD&D or d20.

Why? Because d20 is open sourced, and with AD&D you can send them to projects like OSIRIC which is essentially a stand alone clone of old school AD&D. All the rules in one hefty 400+ page document for referrence. That's just my 2 cents -- since we have a lot of newcomers interested, finding systems that are freely available and we'd be able to reproduce content for helping character creation.
I think I will used the voice thing you suggested I checked it out and it looks rather well put together and nothing is better than free...Lol...The campaign will be AD&D but with a little twist from different AD&D sources so that I can keep the surprises coming with it. This will also allow me to make sure no one is looking at any one source they shouldn't be. Basic player creation rules will apply for this and I have even started a new thread for this called Dark Prophecy: Online Campaign it is located here http://www.gamerdna.com/showthread.php?t=30639
Old 12-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
May I recommend checking out this thread if you haven't done so:
http://www.gamerdna.com/showthread.php?t=28466

Also will you be making an actual GamerDNA group site or will it all just be contained to the thread?

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 12-13-2008, 03:12 PM

I am going to be making an actual GamerDNA group, I have already created the group it's called Dark Prophecy I will post a link to the group in the Dark Prophecy: Online Campaign thread.

That link I have been using lately, it has given me some AWESOME links to some good stuff I will be using for the campaign.