11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA News and Announcements

Old 12-09-2008, 01:01 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Delayed: Dec. 8th gamerDNA update
UPDATE: Delayed until Modnay Dec. 15th Patch

gamerDNA.com will be coming down for a short period of time tonight due to a new update to the site.

Please feel free to speculate what we may be adding to the site...here's a hint...it will be very rockin'!

We'll let you know when the site is going down via Twitter and our MOTD. Please check our Twitter or Blog for any updates on the downtime or extended downtime!
Last edited by QforQ : 12-12-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
I'm guessing a new quiz about music and/or Facebook integration.
Last edited by Retodon8 : 12-09-2008 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Added a second guess
Old 12-09-2008, 11:41 AM

Ultimatewpn has much to be proud of
:3
Guitar hero layout or something of the sort?
Old 12-09-2008, 05:15 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
We've delayed the build until later tonight. Stay tuned!
Old 12-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Enthusiast

tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community
You are using a hammer and chisel to write the code on a tablet?
Old 12-09-2008, 07:15 PM
GDNA Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarrow View Post
You are using a hammer and chisel to write the code on a tablet?
Nope!

We use a really interesting method, a mix between smoke signals and morse code.

That said, we had a problem crop up last night at 1am so we decided to delay to this evening. We'll keep ya updated
Old 12-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
It's almost 23:00 on Tuesday over here.
No matter, I'm patient, I'll be back here tomorrow/Wednesday.

And yes, Guitar Hero support could be possible I suppose.
A while ago I found people's stats can be found on their website.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Enthusiast

Jaraj is a jewel in the community Jaraj is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Yahoo to Jaraj
Music listings is profile so people quit posting "what music ..." treads
Old 12-10-2008, 04:15 AM
GDNA Community Manager

We have decided to delay the update that was supposed to come Monday/Tuesday of this week to a later time. We'll let you know when/if it is coming this week. We may decide to just roll it up in to December 15th's gamerDNA update.

Other than that, please feel free to guess what it will be! One of you was VERY close!
Old 12-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Savant

It seems the update will be merged with next Monday's update then.
Perhaps someday we could get a video walkthough, a behind the scenes in the gamerDNA offices on stressful update day.

Maybe we'll get an improved game navigation for the games database.
(By the way, I'm reading this thread, and my other guesses were inspired by posts in the forum or on Twitter as well.)

I'll add some things which are more like feature requests, but ones I think could be relatively easy to add to one of the weekly updates (compared to some of my other ideas):
  • New tags in VB/BB Code: "Name" to link to gDNA member profiles/group pages.
  • More video tags (like the "youtube" one) for other sites, like GameTrailers.
  • Online presence indicators on profile pages (like in the forums).
  • Xbox 360 Avatar support.
  • Link relevant mention in Activity Summary to forums posts.
  • Screenshot galleries on game pages (like on profile pages), for better overview than strip.
  • Mention of number of players on game page, a second number also including players on other platforms.
  • Game name (as link to game page) on members' screenshot pages.
Some of those were suggested before, so I suppose I can add them to my guess list.