11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Ask a Hardware Guru

Old 09-20-2008, 05:42 PM

Kanashimi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Kanashimi Send a message via MSN to Kanashimi Send a message via Yahoo to Kanashimi
Broadcasting Gameplay from my PS3 (?)
I hope this is the right place to put this considering half of what I'm about to ask includes Capture Cards and connectivity to your computer from your TV. Anyway, I've been attempting for quite a bit to hook-up my TV, PS3, and computer in a conjunction to be able to broadcast off of popular websites like Justin.TV. At the moment I have the following to work with, and I need to know what is the key part I'm missing.All I want to know is within these mess of cables what am I missing to get this whole thing to work. Do I need some sort of splitter? eBay or other shopping links would be a great help. Thanks a lot~!
Old 09-24-2008, 05:52 AM

Theo has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Theo
When you plug your PS3 into the video capture card, does anything at all show up?
Old 09-25-2008, 04:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to Kanashimi Send a message via MSN to Kanashimi Send a message via Yahoo to Kanashimi
I plugged it in via composite cables, and changed the video set up to composite via the PS3, but I got nothing through Adobe Flash Media Encoder. I did the same thing with the old PSX hook up which was through old cables (which was something like this). I got static with both, so I'm not sure if it's the video card or some settings I don't know how to mess with. ^^;;
Old 09-25-2008, 04:53 AM

Theo has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Theo
Did you set up your video capture card correctly? Did it come with any installation software that you might of missed?
Old 09-25-2008, 03:37 PM

I took apart the pc, installed all the drivers, and was left with a program called WinTV which asks me to search for channels (I usually skip this since I don't have a TV cable plugged into it) and then opens this program which gives me very little options. I can try and install it again though, but it seems to notice the card is there and so are the drivers.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:45 PM

AngelicLoki is a jewel in the community AngelicLoki is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to AngelicLoki Send a message via MSN to AngelicLoki
http://thehelpfulweb.blogspot.com/20...-from-ps3.html

ought to help, what exactly are you having a problem with?

Build Your Own Minicity
Old 11-29-2008, 03:39 PM

XyberDAWG is a jewel in the community XyberDAWG is a jewel in the community
Send a message via ICQ to XyberDAWG Send a message via AIM to XyberDAWG Send a message via MSN to XyberDAWG Send a message via Yahoo to XyberDAWG Send a message via Skype™ to XyberDAWG
It sounds to me like you need to change the program to pull from the composite port. as it is it sounds like the program you are using is trying to access through the coaxial cable connection. Much like a tv, unless the program is set to view the composit it will only view the coaxial tuner.