11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Helix Developers/API (Beta)

Old 11-15-2008, 08:32 AM

Krux has much to be proud of
Question Useful Team Organizing code please?
It would be neat if someone could code something that the user can use to select how many levels of ranks there are by a fill-in. fill in how many players per rank.
so that a table in automatically created for you with text boxes in each cell under the rank where you can type in the members' names and save the table onto a roster webpage.
This way a more developed roster can be organized.

The point is so that ranks can be set at the same level across from other ranks but with different rank names that can be filled in so that it is fully customizable as to how you want to build your team.

...i have an idea as to how hard this cud be to code, but it can b SOOO useful to team leaders who want to build huge organized teams.

can anyone do this?
Old 11-17-2008, 02:21 AM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Not sure I am visualizing what you need. It sounds like something a simple spread sheet could accomplish though. Do you have an example of the output? It would easy to backtrack an interface from the final output.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 11-17-2008, 05:34 AM

this is an old layout i used. but this is pretty much wat i coded up from scratch n i'm curious to see if anyone cud code something that can allow u to make something like this thru input options, like # of levels across, such as u see below if u view the code in an html testbed, there r 4 levels across, than in the 1st lvl there r 2 parts, i wud basically fill that in to whatever application im looking for. than the 2nd level i would say 4, than the 3rd lvl and so on and so on. than the result of those # inputs would form a table that looks like that below, than i can fill in names of ranks into each box, than Accept that, going to the next stage of the table...now having the rank names. than the next step wud b putting in the actual recruits' names. by default saying something like 'empty' or 'available' or whatever.
it wud also b neat if it cud b made to say how many ppl per rank allowed? so wher you see platoon in the result of the code u have only 1 name open for input, i shud b allowed to go in n make it so i can have 2 ppl there instead of 1 as the same goes for any other rank.
Does that clear it up a little?
HTML Code:
<style type="text/css"> td {color:red} th {color:red} </style> <table bgcolor=black bordercolor=red border=5 cellspacing=6 cellpadding=3> <tr> <th>Platoons</th><th>Areas</th><th>Sectors/Squadrons</th><th>Members</th></tr> <tr><td rowspan=35>1st Platoon <hr><center>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td rowspan=21>Area 1A <hr><center>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td rowspan=5>Sector 1 <hr><center>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td rowspan=5>Sector 2 <hr><center>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td rowspan=5>Sector 3 <hr><center>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td rowspan=5>Sector 4 <hr><center>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td rowspan=13>Area 1B <hr><center>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td rowspan=4>Squadron A <hr><center>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td rowspan=4>Squadron B <hr><center>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td rowspan=4>Squadron C <hr><center>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td rowspan=35>2nd Platoon <hr><center>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td rowspan=21>Area 2A <hr><center>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td rowspan=5>Sector 1 <hr><center>-empty spot-</tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td rowspan=5>Sector 2 <hr><center>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td rowspan=5>Sector 3 <hr><center>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td rowspan=5>Sector 4 <hr><center>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td rowspan=13>Area 2B <hr><center>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td rowspan=4>Squadron A <hr><center>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td rowspan=4>Squadron B <hr><center>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td rowspan=4>Squadron C <hr><center>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> <tr><td>-empty spot-</td></tr> </table>
Old 11-17-2008, 03:29 PM

ClaireVoyante has much to be proud of
Adding something like that in would be great in games that match up teams.... Most of the time you end up with all the upper class players on one side and the newer players on the other
Old 11-18-2008, 03:59 AM

that's the idea, as you can see- all the new recruits would build up on the right.
1st Platoon:Area 1A:Sector 1
than the Sergeant of 1st Platoon:Area 1A:Sector 1

than they build up into Sector 2 of that Area and than a Sergeant of that as well.
There are a few minor flaws in this layout, that's why I don't use it anymore and thought it would be safe to make public for an example as to a program that I could use to make this.

Please don't say Excel, I want to program to be web-based and I want to b able to have the table right on my page, not a link to go to the table.
Due to the css and html that I know, I can't do this.
That's why I code my team structure from scratch and it's a pain in the ass.

The flaw in this design btw.. is that the Squadrons work as sub-divisions of the team. Members that are well respected and atleast at Sergeant lvl or higher can go in as a Squadron leader where they recruit their own members n build their own team. The idea was that people in the branch of my own layout can't command ppl in the Squadron, but only the leader himself as he/she is a part of my branch.
It was a quick idea which has alot of stupid flaws in it. My new layout is keeping the squadrons but there are going to be a lot of rules around it to keep it protected.

1. originally the 'loophole' was that i cud command the squadron leader to tell his members to do things since i can't tell them myself. same result.

2. the other prob was that if they recruit enuf ppl, they cud overthrow the main branch. (look how many squadrons there are).

So I'm changing it up a bit, but I'm not releasing my latest layout.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:14 AM
gamerDNA Development Team

Xianthe is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to Xianthe Send a message via MSN to Xianthe
This isn't the sort of thing gamerDNA is equipped to write for you - it's far too specific to your individual needs. I'm not sure that we have anyone in the community willing/able to do so either. You are of course free to ask/discuss.

Have you tried looking around in other game's communities with similar needs for building teams with recruits and matchmaking? I would guess that if it's something a lot of people do there should be an open source, widget or something similar built for your community.

Ssinurn D'Ssinns
Xianthe Xian
Anaxamandra Aethermyst
Old 11-18-2008, 04:21 AM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
You might want to try Google Docs... create a form through there that saves to a spread sheet. It will look something like this:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewf...P13jDliLiXmDXQ

You can even embed it on your guild page I believe.

Might not fit your specific needs with limiting each zone... but who knows. I haven't dug really deep on it.

You could probably use our even system to create the buckets with a number of spaces.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 11-19-2008, 04:56 AM

thx, that helps. but wat do u mean by this?:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangeAgent View Post
You could probably use our even system to create the buckets with a number of spaces.
-------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianthe
it's far too specific to your individual needs.
it's not rly an individual need. any organized leader wud find something like this beyond useful.
plus it's for the team, not the leader.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:48 PM
gamerDNA Staff

sorry, typo... what I meant was "You could probably use our *event* system to create the buckets with a number of spaces."

In your HZX guild... create an event for each group that will play on a certain night... and define a set of slots for that.

So if you were going to play on 11/20 and you need three teams, create three events, describe the qualifications for each team in the description of each event... then set the number of open slots for that event. So if it was three teams with 10 spaces each, each event would have 10 slots configured.

More info here:
http://blog.gamerdna.com/help/guildg...ng-new-events/

Old 11-20-2008, 07:16 AM

ok, thx.
ya i kno about that event setup. pretty useful.
alright, thx for the help.