11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Ask a Hardware Guru

Old 11-14-2008, 07:36 PM

TheProxima has much to be proud of
SWG on Vista?
I've done most things recommended and found on the webz to try and fix my problem, but alas, none of them work.

I'm stuck with this computer for awhile, it's brand new, just installed SWG on it, and it crashed upon launch.

Specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium 6.0
2GB RAM
DirectX 10
Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family
256 Memory on that.

I'm using the Station Launcher, I can't seem to find the SWG one.

This is the error I get-

Also, I've tried to run it as admin, and I've changed the compatibility mode to both Windows XP SP2 and Windows 2000.

Keep in-mind this is also a brand new computer, and I haven't updated anything other than the Automatic Windows Updates.

Any solutions?
Old 11-14-2008, 09:32 PM

Zeryu has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Zeryu
Check Compatibility
Have you tried changing the compatibility of the game?

Right click the icon and select properties. Select the compatibility tab and check the box for Run compatibility for: and select Windows XP service Pack 2 from the drop down.

That should fix most problems.

The other one I've seen is because the data got corrupted and had to find the files that were not working and replace them which can be a task and a half.

"And what you failed to remember is...pirouette."
Old 11-15-2008, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeryu View Post
Have you tried changing the compatibility of the game?

Right click the icon and select properties. Select the compatibility tab and check the box for Run compatibility for: and select Windows XP service Pack 2 from the drop down.

That should fix most problems.

The other one I've seen is because the data got corrupted and had to find the files that were not working and replace them which can be a task and a half.
As I stated above, I've ran in compatibility mode for XP SP2 and 2000.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:14 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Tough one. No help from Sony I take it.

I found this http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/p...opic_id=262735
Old 11-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post

Btw Roxi, are we not allowed to troll in here? I know that the Support and SPAMHERELOLOL (Hello World) forums are off-limits, but we've never heard anything about the Hardware forum. If I'm not completely confused I made a post the other day where I suggested that he should stomp on his CDs to see if that improved the contents, that post is no longer here. Just looking for some confirmation.
Last edited by Sensational : 11-16-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
Btw Roxi, are we not allowed to troll in here? I know that the Support and SPAMHERELOLOL (Hello World) forums are off-limits, but we've never heard anything about the Hardware forum. If I'm not completely confused I made a post the other day where I suggested that he should stomp on his CDs to see if that improved the contents, that post is no longer here. Just looking for some confirmation.
You've been censored! I'm jealous BTW.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 11-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodou View Post
You've been censored! I'm jealous BTW.
Well hey, you have an oozy trail of negativity seeping from your pores, I wish I had that. Wanna trade?
Old 11-17-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post

Indeed, I've tried out most ways to attempt to run it, and I have yet to actually figure one out, it's ran fine on my XP machine since 2003, but refuses to run on this Vista machine =/
Old 11-17-2008, 09:44 PM

Update: I found the original SWG launcher, uninstalled SWG and re-installed the game with the original launcher, that failed to work.

I've also turned off UAC, and that as well does not work.