11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Multiplayer Strategy & RTS Games

Old 10-29-2008, 06:37 AM

RhaegarTargaryen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketwolf View Post
Despite playing (and enjoying) the beta, I'm still not sure if I should get this. The only other C&C-ish game I've played in the past was Zero Hour, and I had a lot of fun with that, but for some reason I'm not jumping up and down to get RA3 when it comes out. Maybe eventually, but now? Dunno.

It quite possibly has something to do with the live action trailers. Which, please don't flame me, I know many other people really like, but they personally do nothing for me. Probably due to my not being invested/interested in the C&C franchise as a whole and only having played ZH previously. Digit tells me that the live action clips are a kind of C&C staple and long-time fans of the series enjoy them. They kind of put me off, though. :-\

I guess we'll see; I look forward to reading people's thoughts about the game once it comes out and you've all been playing it for a bit.
*flames* (joke)

But yea, about the clips they are kinda cheesy at first, but if you have been playing command and conquer almost since it started, you learn to love them.

--

Another thing that riles me is that i find ever since westwood sold out they just haven't felt the "same".
Might just be me though.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:47 PM
gamerDNA Staff

Imran is a cornerstone of the community Imran is a cornerstone of the community
Actually, from my understanding a good amount of the Westwood team left when Westwood was purchased by EA to go found Petroglyph:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroglyph_Games

If you play some of their games, you get to see some of those "Old C&C" conventions.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:45 PM

RhaegarTargaryen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran View Post
Actually, from my understanding a good amount of the Westwood team left when Westwood was purchased by EA to go found Petroglyph:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroglyph_Games

If you play some of their games, you get to see some of those "Old C&C" conventions.
Damn, thank you for bringing that to my attention, now i'm ganna have to watch for any of there games