11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

Old 10-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Enthusiast

Scick is community member of note
We can rate peoples posts?

That makes this forum much more... eh... no, really, I don't care about this feature. It's not that I'm negative to it though, I'm just without any opinion about it at all, as I didn't know about it before now.

I'll give this thread a pluss though, as I learnt something from it
Old 10-25-2008, 08:56 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjallstrom View Post
I was wondering how many of you use the "reputation" buttons on forum posts, rate threads, report posts, that sort of thing... it seems like most threads (even the popular ones) have no rating, so it seems like folks aren't using those features. Do you like that kind of metacommunity stuff?
The forum that is plugged into GamerDNA is an off-the-shelf forum engine. However, we're developing better reward and reputation systems which would better integrate the whole community experience. We have out own badging system, but it doesn't seem to be enough. What do you think would improve the system overall?
Old 10-25-2008, 09:44 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retodon8 View Post
Well, then you must have posted a lot of good posts.
Well, I'm pretty sure I hold the record for the most negative rep recieved aswell. My reputation goes up and down like a freaking rollercoaster. Being opinionated ftw/l.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:15 PM
Enthusiast

Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to Kjallstrom Send a message via Yahoo to Kjallstrom Send a message via Skype™ to Kjallstrom
I try to give out positive rep pretty often, but it's often still on cooldown for the most prolific posters.

So far, I've only used negative rep for people showing bad attitude or perpetuating a negative stereotype.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Enthusiast

arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community
You know, I tend not to give negative rep, even if it is for someone that is obviously trolling. If someone is trying to get under your skin, the worst thing you can do is acknowledge it, in my opinion. It simply feeds them and, I would imagine, that little, red mark just makes them giggle since they know they got to someone (if not who, exactly.) So, I make it a habit of not responding to trolls in any way.