11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Groups/Guilds/Clans > Leader Support

Old 10-11-2008, 04:16 AM

XdaveX is community member of note
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivateSniper View Post
First of all, get a full version of fraps so you can record longer than 30 seconds.

record something

load the avi file (the huge one) in Windows Movie Maker or any other video editing software (such as adobe premier, sony vegas, etc).

and export it as an avi.. you'll have a few options for how big you want the file to be, if your using WMM then even the largest setting is still a fairly low file size, easily uploadable to youtube or anywhere else.

fraps uses windows standard avi without encoding (thus large file sizes) so you need use video editing software where you can add effects or just encode it, but generally speaking you will want to add a title screen and maybe credits aswell.
Yeah, I use FRAPS too, if you don't want to pay for the full version though you can get GameCam or something similar to that
Stay away from Hypercam though, I used to use that for making old RuneScape videos, and didn't really like it

Old 10-17-2008, 09:48 PM

CyrusMortis has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by XdaveX View Post
Yeah, I use FRAPS too, if you don't want to pay for the full version though you can get GameCam or something similar to that
Stay away from Hypercam though, I used to use that for making old RuneScape videos, and didn't really like it
Ya im trying out GameCam now...i like it alot better as it iz free and can be much longer...
dont like that they add their own watermark, but that doesnt matter as ill just add my own on kikapps over theirs MUAHAHAHA

anyway another questions...im not sure about these sizes and cant remember the sizes of frap's videos......is 18 MB large for a video 3:46 long?

oh to private sniper....ya i have windows movie maker...and i use kikapps so it should be easy to add credits and all that...

THX fo all tha help btw