11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Retro Gaming

Old 06-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Enthusiast

Jamion is a jewel in the community Jamion is a jewel in the community
Dark Forces
One of the earliest FPS games, not the oldest; but still real old. Anyone remember this game?

Right
Perception, Right Intention, Right Speech, Right Action, Right Livelihood, Right Effort, Right Mindfulness, Right Concentration
Old 06-27-2008, 11:20 PM
Troll

samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
played / finished DF, DF2 and the rest that followed. k. i finished almost every sw game though.

gaming news
Old 06-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
I remember wasting a few weekends to the Jedi Knight multiplayer.
But the first game was pretty wicked cool.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 07-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Founding Member

Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence
Kick ass game

"If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny..."
Old 07-04-2008, 02:22 AM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Dark forces was pretty amazing at the time... but what I remember more was that in the box for Dark Forces was a disc or a promo for Full Throttle! Anyone remember that? At the time, Adventure Gaming was still pretty huge... and I was a huge Sierra/Lucas Arts fan... so when I saw the promos for Full Throttle I about lost it... I wanted that title so bad!

I also remember that I was house-sitting for a friend for 30 days when Dark Forces came out... and the house was an hour drive from my house (and my computer) so I would drive to my house to play as much as I could before I had to go back and feed the dogs and sleep at my friends house. (this was in high-school).

But yeah.. Dark Forces... rad.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 07-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Enthusiast

Jamion is a jewel in the community Jamion is a jewel in the community
I have that disc for Full Throttle some where, don't think I ever played it though. I was a SW nerd in my younger days and would shun anything that was not.

Speaking of Full Throttle wasn't there a comp game by the same name back in the 80s? think it was made by Micromega or something... like 2d grande prix motorcycle racing?

Right
Perception, Right Intention, Right Speech, Right Action, Right Livelihood, Right Effort, Right Mindfulness, Right Concentration
Old 07-29-2008, 08:23 AM
Enthusiast

Bostue is a jewel in the community Bostue is a jewel in the community
I loved full throttle and DF.
I believe I still have the disks somewhere around my house also.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Enthusiast

tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community
Sorry to say I never played either game.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
At that time I got some demo discs of magazines and actually bought some loose ones as well.
I played the Dark Forces demo.
It was too easy, and then I had to get back to my ship.
Man, I just can't forget that line for some reason.
I hope to be playing the full thing sometime.

As for Full Throttle... that too!
At the time I thought it pretty much went against everything adventures generally stood for, rewarding violence instead of puzzle solving skills.
Ever since I've heard nothing but praise, so I need to play this sometime!
Actually I think I "played" a non-interactive demo now that I think about it...

Cool stuff!
Old 10-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Enthusiast

Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to Kjallstrom Send a message via Yahoo to Kjallstrom Send a message via Skype™ to Kjallstrom
Dark Forces was one of the first plot-oriented shooters I played all the way through (I think I played Marathon through first). Definitely the previous golden age of Star Wars games.