11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 10-02-2008, 10:34 AM

Sierron has much to be proud of
Sacred 2 Demo thoughts.
Has anyone else played the demo for Sacred 2 yet? What are your thoughts on the game?

I have been waiting for Sacred 2 to come out for a while now, ever since I heard that it was under development as I enjoyed the original Sacred a bit. Though I will admit to trying out most action/rpg gems jsut to see if they become as addictive as Diablo 2 did.

Well, now about the demo for Sacred 2. I was a little dsiappointed to find out that the only playable character was the Seraphim, which is ok, but was never one of my favorite to play in the orginal game, but I could get passed that. I thought that it was a nice touch that they actually include all the characters available in the game and that when you click on them they actually speak and you get to learn a little about each one before you actually get to play. I wasn't expecting that in a demo.

The opening cinematic for the Seraphim is quite nice. Once actually getting to play the game the first thing I noticed is that everything has been completely redone. I have to admit that I really like the way that the game looks overall; although, it looked a little too complex at first glance. After playing for a couple of hours it didn't turn out to be so bad after all.

There are still a few glitches which I hope they get fixed before the release of the game in November. Sometimes when I killed a creature it would be walking in place, or still be standing up for one thing. I suppose that is not a major problem, but sometimes I got fooled into thinking that it was still alive.

Another thing that could be considered a con though it is funny the first few times are the comments that your character and humanoid creatures say from time to time when you kill them/they are killed. I think that this can get annoying over time, and I hope that when the game is released there is an option to turn this off, or at least lessen the chance of that happening. Though, as I said some of the comments are at least a little bit funny to me.

A couple of them though not sure if I am quoting correctly on a couple. The goblins I have killed have said, "Look a light, I think I'll go into it." and "I should have listened to my wife." There are a few others I can't remember off the top of my head. I think there's another one that says "I'm dead?" It is also interesting to listen to the goblins when they spot you, they say "Hey guys over here." or something like that.

Overall I think that Sacred 2 will be a rather enjoyable game once it is released, and I can't wait to get a chance to play more of it.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:29 PM

mace990 has set foot on a distinguished road
yay can't wait til release too played 3 charas to 216 in first game before hard-disk crashed x.X

But's really fun and I hope sacred 2 will be as good as everyone's telling :P

Old 10-03-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mace990 View Post
yay can't wait til release too played 3 charas to 216 in first game before hard-disk crashed x.X

But's really fun and I hope sacred 2 will be as good as everyone's telling :P

Well from the Demo it looks pretty decent so far. like I said, there's a few things they need to polish, but it looks better than the original.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Enthusiast

DODswe4 is a jewel in the community DODswe4 is a jewel in the community
I dont think the demo is the finished deal. (now I havent played the demo, so I dont really know). I liked sacred1, does this remind you of it?
Old 10-04-2008, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DODswe4 View Post
I dont think the demo is the finished deal. (now I havent played the demo, so I dont really know). I liked sacred1, does this remind you of it?
yeah I know the demo isn't the done deal. Well it doesn't really remind me to the original sacred too much.. Though it does feel a bit like it, but there is enough different about it to make it feel new and fresh.