11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 08-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Enthusiast

arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community
Requesting Beyond Good and Evil Help
Warning: I'm requesting a spoiler here because I'm stuck. So, anyone who hasn't played the game all the way through may want to avoid this. That said...

I'm in Black Isle and taking on one of my first missions. I have the assignment to head into the mines and take a photograph of a pair of worms, presumably a male and female.

I've made it all the way back to where I presume a boss fight is to take place. I can see the two worms I need to photograph but no matter how I position myself on the cliff's edge, they are too far away to get a good picture.I've tried and tried to take the picture and failed because of the distance (even while using zoom lens).

I can see the boss creature's body, as I used it to cross to the land mass where I'm standing. I can see 4 holes that the boss will probably pop out of...

However, I can't figure out how to trigger the fight. I can't get the picture. I'm not getting an option to use Pey'j's special abilities. I've jumped over all the holes and ran back and forth on the creature's body.

What do I need to do? As far as I know, I've explored the entire mine. I guess it's possible that I missed something but I would think that all the puzzles in my way were to prevent me from reaching the boss, not to prevent the boss creature's attack.

Halp!
Old 08-29-2008, 09:17 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
It has been a long time since I played that game. (Good game! Now on steam, I believe?) I actually, now that I think of it, spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I was supposed to photograph for this part of the game. I was hoping that by the time I got to this part of the paragraph I'd remember, but I don't. Sorry.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 08-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Enthusiast

arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community
D'oh! That's okay. Thanks for trying. *laughs* I'm just glad that I'm not the only one who was stumped by this mission.

Yeah, it's on Steam. It was a whopping $5 this past weekend and I figured you just can't go wrong for $5. Turns out, I was right! This is turning out to be a really fun game. There are lots of puzzles and I am enjoying the photography aspect of things. My only complaint is that the camera (game camera with which you see your character, not the camera you use to take pictures) is funky. It flips around and switches perspective on me without my control. It took me a bit to get used to moving my character.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Well, it' a port of a console game... you can't expect it to work as well as a real game.

I wonder if I still have my copy. When I first played it I figured it had zero replay value, but in my old age I'm realizing that any good game has replay value if you drink enough beer to forget the plot.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 09-30-2008, 05:39 PM
Enthusiast

snowkissed is a jewel in the community snowkissed is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Skype™ to snowkissed
I wish I could remember... I loved this game, but it's been a while since I played it. Maybe I suggest checking gameFAQs??
Old 10-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
This will link you to a walkthrough of the game on IGN(may need to skip an advertisement):

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/544/544597p1.html

Hope this helps.