11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 09-27-2008, 03:37 PM

Squirrelznflight has much to be proud of
Yes, and I think the games were far too short. It could have been easily fit into 1 or 2 games.

I think the keyword system to create a level was interesting. I never got the hang of it really, but it was a neat system.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:19 PM
Enthusiast

kanashi is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to kanashi Send a message via MSN to kanashi Send a message via Yahoo to kanashi
Yeah I can agree that it they were short. And I also like the keyword system. If it were an actually MMO that would be an awesome way to find out new maps to go to, and ones that were special and only you and your friend knew it until someone figured it out.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanashi View Post
If it were an actually MMO that would be an awesome way to find out new maps to go to, and ones that were special and only you and your friend knew it until someone figured it out.
I'd love a game with that, too. So far, the closest I've seen are dungeons created from specific items for just that party of players like in Mabinogi, but nothing's come close to being able to customize a level down to appearance and difficulty using a built-in game feature.
No wonder The World is such a success in the world of .Hack. I think one book mentions that over ten million people subscribe to it.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Enthusiast

kanashi is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to kanashi Send a message via MSN to kanashi Send a message via Yahoo to kanashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelznflight View Post
I'd love a game with that, too. So far, the closest I've seen are dungeons created from specific items for just that party of players like in Mabinogi, but nothing's come close to being able to customize a level down to appearance and difficulty using a built-in game feature.
No wonder The World is such a success in the world of .Hack. I think one book mentions that over ten million people subscribe to it.
haha 10 million on an mmo, I think Wow is close to that. Even though there is some MMO called "something hotel" (can't quite remember) They have over 100 million people subscribed, and have had 1 million on at a time.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Enthusiast

sororitygirl is community member of note
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanashi View Post
Yeah I can agree that it they were short. And I also like the keyword system. If it were an actually MMO that would be an awesome way to find out new maps to go to, and ones that were special and only you and your friend knew it until someone figured it out.
Yeah that really would be a sweet thing for videogame developers to implement (anyone listening)?

But yeah, like many have said: .Hack is a wicked idea, but the execution was only barely managed, if that; largely because they made it about 10 times bigger than it should have been, spanning every form of media, several versions of the story, etc.

Maybe .Hack ver. 2: The condensed, straight-to-the-point version of .Hack ver. 1(all of them...)?
Old 10-03-2008, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sororitygirl View Post
But yeah, like many have said: .Hack is a wicked idea, but the execution was only barely managed, if that; largely because they made it about 10 times bigger than it should have been, spanning every form of media, several versions of the story, etc.

Maybe .Hack ver. 2: The condensed, straight-to-the-point version of .Hack ver. 1(all of them...)?
I think stretching a game out is usually a bad thing. When it can be good in one volume, there's no reason to split it into four. .Hack definitely would have been better as one supergame than four minigames.
If you have to stretch something to give it even one game, though... oh, it's terrible. I'm glad .Hack was only 4 games instead of...ah... 16? Developers could have found a way to stuff quite a bit of random crap into it for length, I'm sure, but thankfully they did not.