11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 01-03-2007, 11:41 PM
Enthusiast

Ama-Ebi is a cornerstone of the community Ama-Ebi is a cornerstone of the community Ama-Ebi is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to Ama-Ebi Send a message via MSN to Ama-Ebi
Photoshop questions...HELP!!!
Hi all,

It's been years since I've worked with photoshop and I've got some time on my hands and have started to do some collages of old screenies for my toons and want to do some for my friends as well.

Here is my question:

Is there a way to resize a layer??? I want to make an layer image appear larger than the other items.

Also, is there a way to copy/save a layer image so I can reuse it on another image later?

Thank you so much for any assistance you can give me.

Ama-Ebi Unagi Zahira Daja
Old 01-04-2007, 02:23 AM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I'm sure there must be abetter way to accomplish this but this is what I would do:

Create a new file, drag the said layer to the new file and then resize the image (maybe?).
Also once it is in the new file just go ahead and save it - he default should be as a photoshop file so you can use it whenever you like.

'Course - I'm not really that great with Photoshop so maybe someone else can offer better solutions.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:59 AM
Patronymic Mime

Komako is community member of note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ama-Ebi Ogata View Post
Is there a way to resize a layer???
Edit --> Transform --> Scale

Quote:
Also, is there a way to copy/save a layer image so I can reuse it on another image later?
Open both projects, and then drag the layer from the layers palette to the new document or the document you want to use it in.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:08 AM
Voice of Reason

Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via Skype™ to Cleric
I use PhotoShop CS1 all the time, so I'm here to help some.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Enthusiast

Ama-Ebi is a cornerstone of the community Ama-Ebi is a cornerstone of the community Ama-Ebi is a cornerstone of the community
Coolness. Thank you to all who replied here. Between your info and a great PM I got, I think I have it under control (empahsis on word 'think' ..lol).

Old 01-04-2007, 04:32 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ama-Ebi Ogata View Post

Is there a way to resize a layer??? I want to make an layer image appear larger than the other items.
What Komako said. I just want to say that each layer is almost a separate image. Anything you can do to the whole, you can do to a layer. If you need to do the same thing to multiple layers, you can shift click to select them all first. You may also link them by selecting them and then getting the pulldown from the layer window:

Old 01-05-2007, 12:30 AM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
hee hee, I knew there had to be a better way.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:28 AM
Enthusiast

<3 Roxianna !! Thank you so much for the screenshot. Makes it alot easier to see that kind of stuff. I am so happy to have a good group to turn to for this type of stuff.

I'm a bit slow, but I'm a semi-perfectionist. I really need to get myself a tablet..using a mouse for this stuff bites the big one.

**UPDATE** PROJECT FINISHED!!! YAY!!! http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8...ofchainwq1.jpg or check the gallery here under Ama-Ebi Ogata.

Last edited by Ama-Ebi : 01-05-2007 at 03:46 AM.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:15 PM

Adderfist has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Adderfist Send a message via MSN to Adderfist Send a message via Skype™ to Adderfist
oh wow Ama. thats amazing.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adderfist View Post
oh wow Ama. thats amazing.
Thank you

I'm still fine tuning the image. A perfectionist rarely calls it truly 'finished'.

It still amazes me to see what computers can do now. Yeah, this will age me a bit. I recall learning DOS in high school and HATING computers. It was boring and uncreative. When I was a kid, video games were pong, and pole position (that was kinda cool actually!). Roxianna has started a group called 'the pixelators' which is dedicated to photoshop lovers. Take a look there now and then for more artwork.