11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Ask a Hardware Guru

Old 01-11-2007, 02:54 PM

Scully has much to be proud of
Radeon x300 extreme low fps
I have a big problem...

I lagg like hell in basically every new game I play. And yes, I realize that it might be because my computer suck. But it's far worse lagg than whats normal for a ****ty computer I think. Here is my average fps:
Neverwinter nights 2: (indoors)=2-5 (outdoors)=20-30
Gothic 3: 5-15
WoW: 25-60
Half Life 2: 25-70 (Which I think is very weard... The grafics are awsome, and IMO it looks far better than every of the other games listed)

First time I ran half life 2, I got the message: "your video card driver is outdated"? Can this have anything to do with with low fps in the other games?(considering half life 2 is 2 and a half years old, it might not need the newest drivers?) Here's my specs:
Pentium 4 3.00 ghz
1,5 gig ram
radeon x300 series 128 mbit

Anyone with the same/close to sucky computer as mine have same low fps and can anyone help me?

Age of Conan - MMORPG, M-rating, real time combat!
Old 01-13-2007, 12:16 PM

Scully has much to be proud of
/hump..............

Age of Conan - MMORPG, M-rating, real time combat!
Old 01-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully View Post
I have a big problem...

I lagg like hell in basically every new game I play. And yes, I realize that it might be because my computer suck. But it's far worse lagg than whats normal for a ****ty computer I think. Here is my average fps:
Neverwinter nights 2: (indoors)=2-5 (outdoors)=20-30
Gothic 3: 5-15
WoW: 25-60
Half Life 2: 25-70 (Which I think is very weard... The grafics are awsome, and IMO it looks far better than every of the other games listed)

First time I ran half life 2, I got the message: "your video card driver is outdated"? Can this have anything to do with with low fps in the other games?(considering half life 2 is 2 and a half years old, it might not need the newest drivers?) Here's my specs:
Pentium 4 3.00 ghz
1,5 gig ram
radeon x300 series 128 mbit

Anyone with the same/close to sucky computer as mine have same low fps and can anyone help me?
Well, if you haven't you could always try upgrading the drivers. Other then that i'm not sure. Wasn't there some problem with AA and HDR lightning? Try turning the AA down to none.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:23 PM

Solution0 has much to be proud of
Simply said, your graphic card is really low end. Try updating your drivers first. Half-life is known for working really great on ATI vid card, that's why you get good performance. Neverwinter night 2 optimisation is really bad unless they did a ton a update since I last played. Even with really great pc it works bad for quality that you get. Is this video card integrated? AGP or PCIe? might want to change this for a really low price if i were you
Old 01-18-2007, 04:52 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
I found heat can effect performance. Blow-out the dust and make sure all fans are running. If the computer seems hot, add more fans.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:06 AM

HereticGate has much to be proud of
I would have to agree heat would be the first issue that I would look into checking on. Some games with my very FIRST pc I would have to aquire the aid of a box fan just to keep the thing cool enough. After that check the driver version your pc is using and see which one's are available now. I'm not sure how long ATI has had catalyst 7.1 out, but it was new for my system so aparently not that long.

Also, Neverwinter Nights 2 works unbelievably well on my pc so there have been some improvements going on.