11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Tabletop Games

Old 09-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
For you old school types!
Okay, I have a new favorite publisher this month to share with ya guys.

http://www.goblinoidgames.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblinoid Games
We are a small-press publisher currently focusing on support of Labyrinth Lord™, OSRIC™, GORE™, and Mutant Future™. These systems have free non-exclusive licenses for third-party publishers to create compatible products. The basis of these game systems is described in more detail below, but very quickly each system seeks to reproduce game rules from the following systems:
OSRIC™ emulates game rules from advanced first edition fantasy games (1e) of the 80s.
GORE™ emulates popular percentile-based systems from the 80s through the present day.
Labyrinth Lord™ gets "back to the basics" by emulating game rules from simple fantasy games of the late 70s and early 80s.
Mutant Future™ is based on the Labyrinth Lord system, but is retooled in the spirit of classic nuclear post-apocalypse science fantasy games.
These games are available in free pdfs and are available in Print on Demand for hardcover.

What I'm loving:

-Essentially compatible with the "old school" systems in terms of mechanics and game play. Pretty much mimics the old dice matrices of "the day".

-Lack of setting information, on purpose. It's designed to be "core" engines of the old school RPG's and allows for your to mix in or write new rules to tailor the game to your liking.

-Open Gaming Licenses, so you can take these "core" systems and write your own settings, additional rules and what nots and publish your own compatible works.

Simple concept, great implementation.
I'm already a fan of GORE just because its a great generic stripped-down version of Call of Cthulhu and RuneQuest rules. Mutant Future is also making me shriek with joy of an "old school" nuclear-apocalypse setting.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 09-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Enthusiast

Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence
Awesome resource. This is going out to my group right now!
Old 09-11-2008, 04:18 PM

MatteKudesai has much to be proud of
Thumbs up
Hooray for old-school gaming!

These look like definite "must haves!"

Old 09-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
yeah I'm excited to see this stuff, seriously. I want the old systems to live on as well as the new systems to come out, because in the end it's just a matter of choice, preference and style. Granted I'm a youngster of the "3E" Generation, but I cut my teeth on old school growing up and sometimes, it just feels fun and actually feels like a hobby again, and not a major commercial campaign for more bucks.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade