11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

Old 08-31-2008, 10:48 AM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamaLeif View Post
I like diversity aswell, but some maps are just bad. Although i know a better way, there are several map vote mods. They let you vote for a map near the end of a map, or if enough people "rtv" rockthevote.
How very gamerDNA. I like this idea but since my contribution to this server was to say "amen" and fork over my corporate card, I may get shouted down.

I really had fun the ONE night I got to play. It's so good to see names I recognize. As soon as I beat this germ assault on my intestines, I'll be back.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Opinionated Gamer

Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
I personally don't think any of the official maps suck. They're all fun in their own way.

But I do recommend getting a RTV-mod, mostly because it certainly doesn't hurt to give players a few extra options. RTV is especially useful to get out of situations where the teams are so imbalanced even the winning team is bored.
'till you run out of cake.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Opinionated Gamer

Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Hey, why's the server called "Team Fortress 2 Arena Server" and not, you know, GamerDNA TF2 or somesuch? Is it running only arena maps on purpose?

Also, damn, 365ms from here. That's really not playable, regardless of how much I want to frag EAC.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:30 PM

LamaLeif has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to LamaLeif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Hey, why's the server called "Team Fortress 2 Arena Server" and not, you know, GamerDNA TF2 or somesuch? Is it running only arena maps on purpose?

Also, damn, 365ms from here. That's really not playable, regardless of how much I want to frag EAC.
Damn 365ms thats really high, and you are connecting from Denmark right?
Old 08-31-2008, 04:05 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Quote:

I noticed that too. I'm not a big fan of the arena maps.

Oh, and I think you mean try and frag me.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Enthusiast

eidanch is a jewel in the community eidanch is a jewel in the community
I try to check the server but it is mostly empty. When do you all play ?

By E.C.
Pro Gamer.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Opinionated Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamaLeif View Post
Damn 365ms thats really high, and you are connecting from Denmark right?
Yep. On a very stable (TDC Business w. SLA) connection, I ping 16ms to my favourite playground.

OTOH, it looks like the link between TDC and Level3 is in better shape today (although I haven't fired up the game to see if the numbers match):

13 153 ms 151 ms 151 ms 8.9.6.209
Old 09-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Opinionated Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAerosolCan View Post
Oh, and I think you mean try and frag me.
1000 ping or not, you are SO getting face-stabbed if I see you on...
Old 09-01-2008, 05:04 PM
Opinionated Gamer

By the way, assuming the server is well-connected otherwise so as to not keep people away because of high pings, the most likely reason the server is generally empty is because it contains "arena" in the name.

Most people, like me, don't mind arena maps. But playing them exclusively is no fun.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:55 PM

LamaLeif has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to LamaLeif
Quote:
OTOH, it looks like the link between TDC and Level3 is in better shape today (although I haven't fired up the game to see if the numbers match):

13 153 ms 151 ms 151 ms 8.9.6.209
This seems to be more in line with what i experience from Norway, i almost always ping around 150-180 on east coast and central servers.

I have to agree with EAC and Bishop about the arena, an exclusive arena server holds no interest.