11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Hello Universe!

Old 07-08-2008, 11:14 PM

swordfischer has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to swordfischer Send a message via MSN to swordfischer Send a message via Yahoo to swordfischer
Smile The typical "hello world" post thread
Well. Hi !

I used to be a massive PC player, being a bit more serious about it since DooM playing deathmatches, after moving on to Diablo I, Counter-Strike betas, Diablo II, Diablo II LoD, Counter-Strike final, Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament 2004, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars... And then I said "phuck it" and started being a more casual "only-play-once-a-week"-gaming style.

One thing that always have caught my attention is the ability to 'mod' games, and the community that surrounds it.

Now I'm an "almost" Xbox 360 only dude. Mainly because of the communities and the fact I don't have to upgrade my console every week if I want to try out a new game.

I'm still trying to get the hang of this site, but I am a simplistic and minimalistic kinda guy, so I get scared
And the fact that it is still a beta - so therefore I shouldn't be ranting or anything.

The reason I joined this site is because of the 360voice takeover(?), and if I should ever need to have an account here because of it, then be it Better safe than sorry.

What else, hmm..
I really enjoy writing CSS and XHTML. I'm above average using photoshop also.

And I'm a nice guy, sometimes

Byebye!
Old 07-08-2008, 11:18 PM

Cormyre has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Cormyre Send a message via AIM to Cormyre Send a message via MSN to Cormyre Send a message via Yahoo to Cormyre
welcome! hehe I think we all joined for that reason (from 3v) though I'm spending alot of time over here as well... just not so much time in the forums... got use to our 3v snitz forum and being able to flag everything as read and have an "active topics" link so constantly having a list of stuff I've already read here annoys me... I still swing through every now and again =P like now.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:00 AM

DogofThunder has much to be proud of
Hi sword! I think we have enough 3v people to take over Idaho at the moment, maybe move on to something bigger...like Cleveland.

Oh, I also find that the new posts option underneath the forums header works well enough for me to show new stuff that's been posted. Haven't said much since, like you, I was once a hardcore PC gamer and now stick to the 360. Though I did find my Heroes of Might and Magic 3 disk...
Old 07-09-2008, 12:52 AM

swordfischer has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to swordfischer Send a message via MSN to swordfischer Send a message via Yahoo to swordfischer
Yeah, definitely the userbase here must have got a huge increase after the merger
And yes, we should take over Idaho; start small before world domination!

You're totally right Cormyre. I already have problems with paying attention to more than 3 topics at the time :P

Though. The thing that attracts me a lot here is the 'achievement' system (once a whore, always want more)..
Old 07-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Enthusiast

AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community
Hello!

Welcome to our little site!

*Still wonders why all the talk about "Take-Over"*

Glad to have yet another member from another communtiy; I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do.

"BabyDragon" (Its a Girl!!!) Inbound December 2008!!!!!
My Pets
Old 07-09-2008, 05:52 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by swordfischer View Post
Though. The thing that attracts me a lot here is the 'achievement' system (once a whore, always want more)..
We'll be doing a lot more with those in the future. It's a topic of discussion and another feature that we'll be expanding on over the coming months
Old 07-11-2008, 12:23 AM
Enthusiast

tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community
Sorry about the 360 thing, but who knows, maybe you will wake up one day and come back to the PC.

Come back to the dark side, we just put in a night light>
Old 07-11-2008, 02:05 AM

Cormyre has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Cormyre Send a message via AIM to Cormyre Send a message via MSN to Cormyre Send a message via Yahoo to Cormyre
pfft... whoever needs a nightlight should go back to the light side, they're weak.

we got cookies! dark sweet cookies
Old 07-11-2008, 02:36 AM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Hay, welcome.