11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 06-22-2008, 08:38 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamion View Post
I have just learned to ignore adds in general. I tend to read where I click first. Don't think I have ever 'accidentally' clicked on an ad. I'm running FF3, no ad blocks though, just seems to be another program I have to install.

Remember the ads help pay for the site, so we can enjoy it free ^_^
My mom's Lutheran, guilt doesn't work on me.

But I do actually feel bad about the situation. Other interesting things to consider:

If you use NOScript, the ads probably don't display, the javascript doesn't run, and the ad doesn't get counted.

If you use AdBlock, the image loads and the javascript runs, it's just that you don't see it. So, it looks like an ad impression to the ad agency but it isn't. Unless they're detecting adblock AND assume that you blocked them, which again depends on how you use it.

Hey, I'm not using adblock on this system at all. With noscript the ads don't display anyway. Why do they need to run scripts to display an image anyway? There's no need to hand out scripting rights indiscriminately, that's just poor security policy.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 06-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Enthusiast

Jamion is a jewel in the community Jamion is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekhedd View Post
My mom's Lutheran
I did not know this.

Right
Perception, Right Intention, Right Speech, Right Action, Right Livelihood, Right Effort, Right Mindfulness, Right Concentration