11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 06-04-2008, 08:55 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Are you going to any gaming events this year?
The summer has come and the gaming convention season is starting very soon. In just a few short weeks the marathon of gaming conventions and events will start rolling across the US and the world non-stop! What events are you planning to go to? Are you going to a game launch party..or perhaps you're going to a LAN party/event this year? Are you going to the big daddy events like PAX, Comic Con, BlizzCon or even E3?

Let us know where you're going and share your plans for the summer and the rest of this year.
Last edited by QforQ : 06-04-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:20 PM

uziari has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to uziari
me and my friends plan a video game themed party every year. this past year i went as a scout from TF2, and the year before as Jason from Blaster Master, helmet and all. we don't get any conventions or tourneys around here really..
Old 06-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Quakecon in Dallas
July 31st through the weekend.
Kinda wondering if we'll get to see anything cool related to Doom 4.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 06-04-2008, 10:22 PM

MrAchievement has much to be proud of
The wife and I had a couple upcoming events that we wanted to attend... but MLG cut the Gears of War Competition from the Orlando and San Diego Stops... We still plan on going to Orlando since we can drive there in less then an hour and show support for her fellow clan members that will be playing H3... So I guess my answer is yes, I will be attending the MLG Orlando Event.

You going to show up Q? ...or maybe better yet, you guys going to get a Booth that I can work in for you?
Old 06-04-2008, 10:29 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Currently I don't have any plans to go to any gaming events...but who knows, that could change. I'd love to go to PAX sometime since that seems to be the HUGE event of the year.

Last year I went to Origins (in Columbus Ohio), SOE Fan Faire and then Indy Gen Con. They're fun...but can be super expensive once you factor in your flight and hotel expenses.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Enthusiast

AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community
I would love to be able to attend a gaming event. Time and money (especially now with costs of things rising....) are hard to come by. I may have to cut back on my gaming time to get a second job if things go up any more.

But, I suppose it is part of being responsible.....wow, never thought I would say that!

So the only gaming events I will be able to attend are the ones that are run during the normal game time I have...online. I haven't really ever heard of an event being held in Utah before, and haven't seen anything relating to that this year. If there was something here, I suppose I could go....maybe.

But in reality......what gaming event wants to come here to Utah?

"BabyDragon" (Its a Girl!!!) Inbound December 2008!!!!!
My Pets
Old 06-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
The real question is what KIND of gaming event do you want in Utah?

http://www.geexshow.com/
http://www.utahgamecon.org/

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 06-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Enthusiast

AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community
Okay....now that just isn't funny...I never heard about these. Sad, I live by them too!

Thanks for the links by the way.

I guess I was thinking of maybe an FPS (PC game, not console) marrathon, where they strap you into a chair that gives you electric shock if you die!!!!

Once you are eliminated from a tier, you can move to a lower tier and try to place in that one. Never being to one before, I really have no idea how they are run (though I doubt it is anything like a Microsoft Convention, which I have attended a few of ). But I suppose there would be 10-20 over-all winners, 2-4 age groups (maybe more depending on the ages of the players and the amount of those players present) so that basically there would be a Grand prize and 4 runner ups per group. I have heard of events like these but have never been able to attend one.....I just think it would be a lot easier if there was one here sometime. Entry fees would be around $100.00 for the weekend, but they should also have packages for out of state gamers staying at the hotel the event would be partnered with (like I said, I have never been to one, so I have no idea what the entry fees are or if they even have those.)

Possible Grand Prize would be a loaded gaming system (hence the entry fees) with the games at the convention loaded and included in the software bundle. Then, 1st - 4th could go down from there (software bundle of the games, 2 pack of the games, etc.....) but all entrants should recieve something for showing up.

Well, you asked.

"BabyDragon" (Its a Girl!!!) Inbound December 2008!!!!!
My Pets
Old 06-05-2008, 02:49 AM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
I was going to say "Maybe Dreamhack Summer", but then I went ahead and looked at their site and found out that it's only 9 days away. Not enough time to gather funds!
Old 06-07-2008, 07:53 PM
GDNA Community Manager

Is anyone going to any game launch parties, staying up late for that certain game to come out? Does anyone here work at a GameStop store or any other game retailer? I'm interested in seeing who here in the community is actively going out to events, parties, LAN parties, etc that other gamers are at. Let me know!