11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

View Poll Results: What do you think of VZW buying Alltel?
Love the idea more people in my network 3 37.50%
I could careless / I'm on another network beside those two 3 37.50%
I hate it I'm an Alltel customer because VZW sucks 0 0%
What's an Alltel? 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Enthusiast

Jamion is a jewel in the community Jamion is a jewel in the community
VZW to buy Alltel
That's right Verizon Wireless is buying Alltel for $28.1 billion. The two largest CDMA cell networks in the US are going to come together to be the largest. They will have the most subscribers of any cell phone company with over 80 million customers. Now this is good for me because I'm on VZW and with IN network gives me more people to call. There are still alot of issues being cleared up like who gets what cell phones to use on what networks and how Alltel plans will work on Verizon Wireless, but I have one really important question to this. What is going to happen to Chad?

Democratic National convention doesn't like the idea of the merger and thinks that at least part of the network should be placed in the hands of the Government.

LG (Lucky Goldstar) is going to be making the most amount of money off of this by allowing their handsets that were sold on both networks to be combined, means twice as many LG products on VZW.

However because of this, VZW is also going to be increasing their roaming fee to other networks. While there is no roaming on VZW (inside the US), VZW, now due to it's larger size, will be able to force roaming charges on alot of their competitions networks.

The way contract obligations from Alltel are gonna be handled is still unknown my best guess is that they are going to give 3-4 years to switch all the Alltel contracts over to VZW. In the mean time is sounds like Alltel and VZW customers will now be able to enjoy calling each other with out any costs, yea!! This should also apply to texting. This will also reinforce the fact that VZW is the largest carrier in the US, and canada. AT&T is the largest carrier in the world, fyi.

Note that the reason Alltel is selling is because they are going bankrupt trying to keep their network up to snuff, while VZW has been making money since they took the initiative and began converting old GSM tower (aka: T-mobile, AT&T, and other such companies) to the CDMA network. GSM networks requires less signal strength (less battery usage) but does not carry as good of signal. CDMA has better signal strength and higher quality.

What's your opinions on the merger, the good the bad and any additional info please oh and any ideas what's gonna happen to Chad?

Right
Perception, Right Intention, Right Speech, Right Action, Right Livelihood, Right Effort, Right Mindfulness, Right Concentration
Last edited by Jamion : 06-05-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:55 AM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
k. I r eauropean.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the enlightening insight there Sensational. You do realize that as a European you are the largest expanding CDMA network in the world. This affects you indirectly by affecting VZW sister companies like Claro. The more that VZW expands in this country determines how much there sister companies expand in Europe.

Nordisk Mobile Telephone is I do believe the company that VZW works with for sweden, I can't read there wed site to know for sure. I think they also work with AT&T as well. http://www.ice.net/default.aspx?areaID=14

Right
Perception, Right Intention, Right Speech, Right Action, Right Livelihood, Right Effort, Right Mindfulness, Right Concentration
Last edited by Jamion : 06-06-2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 06-06-2008, 05:24 PM

shakell can only hope to improve
Ok. I are mispelled American.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamion View Post
Nordisk Mobile Telephone is I do believe the company that VZW works with for sweden, I can't read there wed site to know for sure. I think they also work with AT&T as well. http://www.ice.net/default.aspx?areaID=14
Never heard of them, so for now, I'll go back to being European. I just figured you'd want some kind of motivation for my vote.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Enthusiast

love motivation just like telecommunication also also would like to see the end of confusing GSM and CDMA conversion tech... <shivers>

Right