11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 06-03-2008, 12:08 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
I dunno, that cherry pie looks gross. Not only is there no flaky crustiness to speak of, but the cherries are clearly canned, and the rest of the filling is clearly that candy-icky type of filler that has the consistency of jell-o. Last weekend I was at a party where someone brought a cherry pie made with fresh cherries, and I do not have words to describe the flavor. "Ecstasy" comes close.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 06-03-2008, 12:21 AM
Opinionated Gamer

Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
P.s Still working on Mass Effect, the initial copy was corrupt. Go go second try.
As a point of curiosity, how did that work out? MediaDefender got you chasing your own tail?

Not that I would contemplate getting a pirated version of Mass Effect just because I won't use the legal version. Oh noes! Not me. That would be illegal and stuff.

But I am curious as to how long the combined efforts of multiple, draconian DRM schemes manage to keep the game out of the hands of gamers who might have bought it already if they weren't there.

NB: I did see the RELOADED release on NFOrce, but that was nuked for being a bad crack (even though it was marked as proper, how weak is that?). Unusual for that crew, but it did seem a little too fast...

NB some more: I don't know where you got your release, but you may want to take note of the following snippet from NFOrce: "Detonation and Reloaded releases have a non-working map and saving errors. Vitality and TRFF are fakes with real viruses." So if the release you have--or the one you had--are one of the latter ones... you're probably in trouble.
'till you run out of cake.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
As a point of curiosity, how did that work out? MediaDefender got you chasing your own tail?
NB some more: I don't know where you got your release, but you may want to take note of the following snippet from NFOrce: "Detonation and Reloaded releases have a non-working map and saving errors. Vitality and TRFF are fakes with real viruses." So if the release you have--or the one you had--are one of the latter ones... you're probably in trouble.
Yeah, downloaded Detonation first, that was borked anyways so I went to the Reloaded release since it had the "proper" tag. Found out that it wasn't when I got to the citadel and couldn't save anymore. The galaxy map is apperently also broken. I tried TRFF, the version I had did not contain any viruses or trojans, but it sure didn't fix anything.

I'm waiting for a real "Proper" crack, hopefully by the end of this week if not earlier.

If anyone feels like saying "Z0mg buy teh game l0l0l0l", I can't afford it and I would probably spend the money on something else if I could.
Last edited by Sensational : 06-03-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
What's the world coming to? These days it's normal to pack 20 trojan installers and 5 viruses into a package and upload it as a "crack". Back in the day I always used to use cracked versions of software I owned, so that I could put in other CDs to listen to the music while I played. Where is the love?

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 06-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekhedd View Post
What's the world coming to? These days it's normal to pack 20 trojan installers and 5 viruses into a package and upload it as a "crack". Back in the day I always used to use cracked versions of software I owned, so that I could put in other CDs to listen to the music while I played. Where is the love?
Well normally if you download from a somewhat secure site you shouldn't be getting any trojans or viruses. But when stuff like this happens, when a crack takes a while to create and it's a major release that people are waiting for, the fake versions seem to pop up everywhere. Easy targets I suppose.

Been using a russian fix that lets you save for a while now, but once you actually have to start using the Galaxy map it's no longer worth it. Apperently you can use some sort of console command to travel around to the various planets but that's a bit to much for me. This game is all about immersion after all.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Enthusiast

Jamion is a jewel in the community Jamion is a jewel in the community
=c/d or =A/r^2 Boston Cream Pi3. Delicious, creamy, tasteful, and has the word cream in it. How can you not love it.

Right
Perception, Right Intention, Right Speech, Right Action, Right Livelihood, Right Effort, Right Mindfulness, Right Concentration
Old 06-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Savant, but with a star!

w00t, praise be to the mighty Gniarf, god of the internets. Better then the scene groups, better then EA, after only two days (Or 5? Who cares right?) he has managed to fix the GM issue! Pirates rejoice.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Opinionated Gamer

Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
w00t, praise be to the mighty Gniarf, god of the internets. Better then the scene groups, better then EA, after only two days (Or 5? Who cares right?) he has managed to fix the GM issue! Pirates rejoice.
Let us know when you've actually tested and preferably played through the thing, won't you? Who's to say there's not a million more pitfalls ahead?

This is still a matter of pure curiosity, mind you!
Old 06-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Let us know when you've actually tested and preferably played through the thing, won't you? Who's to say there's not a million more pitfalls ahead?

This is still a matter of pure curiosity, mind you!
Will do, so far so good though. The two major issues has been the saving and the galaxymap, hopefully that's it. Apperently the Gniarf fix is something that makes sure that the working .exe code doesn't change with any SecuROM checks, so nothing other then hard-coded pitfalls could stop us now!
Old 06-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Opinionated Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekhedd View Post
Hehe, you are so right. But if you go the other way and rip the music so you can play that from HD while the drive is making needless CD-check-noises, the music companies start whining and wanting just as badly to tell you how and where you can play their content too.

Seriously, these DRM nuts need to check themselves. Software and/or music piracy is not what is hurting the potential profits from creating the content. Counter-productive, consumer-unfriendly, overzealous, restrictive DRM is.