11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 03-28-2008, 02:15 AM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
With the launch date finally set for August 29th, I figured a thread devoted to this dystopian FPSRPG was in order. Anyone else looking forward to this title?

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 03-28-2008, 02:22 AM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Loved S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but unfortunately, my brother still has my copy, and I was nearing the end when I had to visit the hospital, and thats when I had to loan it to him. Its been amost 5 months now. Want to finnish it, so I can carry on with a clear conciense.

Its like F.E.A.R. you don't want to do the expansions till you done the main game or it makes no sence. (plus the last 3 seconds of the game are just fantastic).
Old 03-28-2008, 02:35 AM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Man, you should try some of the mods too, like ABC Inferno or Faiakes Mod. Modifying the game is very simple and I can't play the game anymore without certain mods.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Last edited by Jodou : 03-28-2008 at 02:52 AM.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:41 AM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
When I get my disk back, I will be reinstalling it on the upgraded machine (8800 GTS card).
I'll check out those sites when I can.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:13 AM
Enthusiast

RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to RedQ
I really hope having STALKER out in the wild has given the devs a new perspective on it. I could really go for an open world shooter.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:21 AM
Infamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedQ View Post
I really hope having STALKER out in the wild has given the devs a new perspective on it. I could really go for an open world shooter.
This go around, they've had to spend less time ironing out the bugs from their X-ray engine and more on actually developing the world. I think we'll see a much more solid release this time and the modding community will renew interest in creating after market content.

Hard to believe the game is just over one year old and I'm still playing through it trying out new mods.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:05 AM
Enthusiast

RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to RedQ
I didn't hit the mods but I'd like to hear what a modder has to say about the scripting capabilities of the game engine. I mean not in technical code speak, just english, ie "you can access/alter many enemy traits during gameplay to script off of which allows for events often found in RPGs". He might even have interesting things to say about Clear Sky, like how valuable a recent change to the game engine will be to the gameplay.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:32 AM
Infamous

I don't know about on the fly commands via console, but I do know that enemy behavior scripts are very easy to alter. The hardest part is finding the actual line of code within the AI scripts, but after that it's as easy as changing a few variables.

Old 03-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Enthusiast

Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence
Is Clear Sky going to have anything resembling the co-op gameplay they promised for the first game?
Old 03-31-2008, 05:37 PM
Infamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorbis View Post
Is Clear Sky going to have anything resembling the co-op gameplay they promised for the first game?
I don't remember them ever promising co-op, but half the allure of STALKER was playing solo. Playing with a friend would cheapen the experience and lose much of the suspense it builds. It's nice to see that despite Clear Sky taking place prior to the accident it still retains its dark, isolated atmosphere. I wonder what lurks in that lake. . .