11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > MUDs and Interactive Fiction

Old 12-03-2007, 04:50 AM

Montar has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topkid View Post
Greetings all! Lukas Brian deCameron here. It'd sure as heck be fun to be thriteen again and hanging out with all you 'venchurers and stuff. Gol, Montar, I 'member you like it was yesterday. And Phelan and Frumberas and all o' them fine folks. And the Nissa too, she was real neat.

Alex says hi too!
Lukas! Hey there kiddo, it's been a long time, but I hope ya didn't grow up too much!
Old 12-04-2007, 01:55 AM

Topkid has much to be proud of
Us realmswalker types never grow up. We just Fayd away.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:08 AM

Saryon Tsirath has much to be proud of
I am always amazed at the things I manage to come across on the internet.

I hope everyone has found some of the things in real life they spent so much time achieving online.

Peace, (No really), Saryon, AKA John.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:29 AM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I am always amazed at the people who will take time and effort to post things on the internet just to deride people doing the exact same thing. Pot, meet kettle!

Old 02-28-2008, 01:31 PM

Saryon Tsirath has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaya View Post
I am always amazed at the people who will take time and effort to post things on the internet just to deride people doing the exact same thing. Pot, meet kettle!
I was not mocking anyone. I was actually attempting to be sincere. I have no reason to try and be snide or cruel to anyone here. I have many fond memories of some of the people and former GMs that have posted here and am glad to hear from them again.

Peace, John
Last edited by Saryon Tsirath : 02-28-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:26 AM

Sierron has much to be proud of
Howdy, I'm back around here.. Didn't mean to be gone so long, but I decided to go to college back in October and have been busy with that. Its kind of funny how much you forget after 15 years of not being in school, and its kind of funny how it seems that school hasn't seemed to change much and feels kind of like high school did, which isn't really all that great of a thing.

Ah well.

Just thought I'd say hey to the old LOFP folks that've popped in since i've been away from here.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:32 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierron View Post
Howdy, I'm back around here..
Welcome back.

Once upon a time the world was saved from the spectacle of naked newbees without enough emotes. It was a simpler time:
Code:
NUMBER 201 NAME Main Street, Gatehouse MONSTER_GROUP 1 OUTDOOR_OTHER DAY_LIGHT *DESCRIPTION_START This massive gatehouse, corroded by salty blasts from the Eastern Waste guards the entrance to the city of Fayd. Iron walls extend each way to secure the inhabitants from the barbarism that lies outside. West through the bazaar, a wide street plunges into the city's heart. Commotion, excitement, and the smells of city life reach out to you as people of every race go about their business. The north tower has a well guarded door in it. The mighty gate is manned by alert guards. *DESCRIPTION_END EXIT ABOVE 2152 EXIT W 202 ITEM 0 1327 ADJ1=189 ADJ2=1019 VAL1=3620 VAL2=3620 VAL3=3620 UNLOCKED OPEN ITEM 1 943 ADJ1=169 ADJ2=1414 ADJ3=577 VAL1=3620 VAL2=3621 VAL3=3620 OPEN UNLOCKED EXTEND 1 to the north gate tower ITEM 9 693 ADJ1=10 CALL 33 IFENTRY -1 IFVAR LEV > 1 IFVAR INTNUM6 < 10 EQUAL INTNUM6 10 ENDIF ENDIF ENDIF IFENTRY IFVAR INTNUM6 < 10 IFCARRY -1 925 ELSE NEWITEM -1 925 VAL1=-1 VAL2=-1 VAL3=-1 VAL4=-1 VAL5=-1 ECHO PLAYER You have just been given a roleplaying OBJECT, which allows you to do enhanced roleplaying actions. TAP the OBJECT to see the rules. Make sure you practice in private. PLREVENT 3 CONTPLREVENT NEWITEM -1 255 ADJ1=181 ADJ2=40 NEWITEM -1 253 ADJ1=87 ADJ2=40 NEWITEM -1 217 ADJ1=298 ADJ2=180 GMMSG Honk! %N is a newbie. ECHO PLAYER [Type HELP to access the help system. Type ASSIST to request a gamemaster as soon as one is available. Type ADVICE for hints on getting started.] PLREVENT 2 CONTPLREVENT ECHO PLAYER You have been given tunic, breeches and boots. Please WEAR them immediately. (WEAR TUNIC, WEAR BREECHES, WEAR TUNIC) PLREVENT 2 CONTPLREVENT ENDIF ECHO PLAYER A little voice inside your head says, "Keep going west, young one, keep going west." EQUAL INTNUM6 10 ENDIF ENDIF
Old 03-29-2008, 09:31 AM

Dementus has much to be proud of
Hooray! I found some papers recently which included many of the poems/songs I had written as Dementus the Bard while playing LoFP, and tonight I had a longing and decided to Google... I'm so glad to find this place and see so many familiar names have posted!

The massive graphical RPGs that are out there now are fun in their own way, but nothing I've played gives me the feeling of camaraderie and involvement in the actual story that LoFP did. GMs and players went out of their way to make Andor feel real and give everyone a sense that they mattered and could change things. I know the sheer numbers of people in the popular games to day make that level of involvement probably impossible, but I miss it anyway.

I'll check in now and again to say HI!

Dementus Chikan
Royal Bard of Fayd
Old 04-06-2008, 03:28 AM

Sierron has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementus View Post
Hooray! I found some papers recently which included many of the poems/songs I had written as Dementus the Bard while playing LoFP, and tonight I had a longing and decided to Google... I'm so glad to find this place and see so many familiar names have posted!

The massive graphical RPGs that are out there now are fun in their own way, but nothing I've played gives me the feeling of camaraderie and involvement in the actual story that LoFP did. GMs and players went out of their way to make Andor feel real and give everyone a sense that they mattered and could change things. I know the sheer numbers of people in the popular games to day make that level of involvement probably impossible, but I miss it anyway.

I'll check in now and again to say HI!

Dementus Chikan
Royal Bard of Fayd
Hey Dementus, good to see you. Long time no see

Sierron
Old 04-17-2008, 12:57 AM

Laurel1 has much to be proud of
Omigod, I found you all!! Wait til I tell Aleathan! We remember LoFP with a lot of affection, nostalgia and wow... we miss it, and you guys.

Mike - you're right, most of us would probably join you . Aleathan keeps wandering around looking for the Keep. Me, I keep looking for my chocolate goodie machine .

Gary - you out there? Have missed you tremendously.

It's just a delight to see those who have found their way here - talk about some good memories coming back. Best gaming experience of my life, and ooooh, I miss it. RP just doesn't seem to exist anymore...

Hello to all, and I hope you've all been doing well and life has been more up than down.

Laurel