11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Groups/Guilds/Clans > Recruiting & Announcements

Old 08-25-2007, 01:55 AM
Famous Member

Herra14 is bathed in a white light of excellence Herra14 is bathed in a white light of excellence Herra14 is bathed in a white light of excellence Herra14 is bathed in a white light of excellence Herra14 is bathed in a white light of excellence Herra14 is bathed in a white light of excellence
Scions of Fate
Scions of Fate is a new guild that I am forming for the upcomming Age of Conan game. We are accepting applications for new members found here:
http://fate.guildcafe.com

We are hoping to get as many people within our own timezone in the guild so that when the game hits the shelves we can then select an appropriate server and we as a guild can go in and discover all the game has to offer. You must be 18 years or older to join.

Visit our Guild at http://fate.guildcafe.com
Old 09-22-2007, 05:02 AM
Famous Member

Herra14 is bathed in a white light of excellence Herra14 is bathed in a white light of excellence Herra14 is bathed in a white light of excellence Herra14 is bathed in a white light of excellence Herra14 is bathed in a white light of excellence Herra14 is bathed in a white light of excellence
Ok for some reason I have lost my edit button lol. Otherwise I would have just edited the original post

Anyways, we have adjusted the age limit from 18 down to 16 years of age to join. We have also decided that we will be playing on a normal server instead of a pvp one. But this doesn't mean we will not pvp at all, lol quite the contrary we fully intend on kicking some butt in the Border Kingdoms. We also have updated our site with a rules/FAQ page to let you guys know a little more about us. Where we are from what we are planning and so on.

Also it doesn't matter what your gaming schedule is since we are trying to incorperate shifts for everyone. This means we are going to hold events at different times of the day so that anyone can participate no matter what thier schedule is. And we also have a few people in the guild who have volunteered to lead the raids or whatever event during those shifts.

Basically if you would like to join a guild that wants to maintain a casual atmosphere but still know how to get the job done then look us up.

I have also made an additional site aside from guild cafe to host our news and other things but we will still be using guild cafe's forums and calendar system. Here is the link if you would like to take a looky.
http://www.sofaoc.com/fate/intro.html

I personally can't wait to meet all of you and I am looking forward to building a great guild in a great game with each and everyone of our new members.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:21 AM
Enthusiast

Taemojitsu is bathed in a white light of excellence Taemojitsu is bathed in a white light of excellence Taemojitsu is bathed in a white light of excellence Taemojitsu is bathed in a white light of excellence Taemojitsu is bathed in a white light of excellence Taemojitsu is bathed in a white light of excellence Taemojitsu is bathed in a white light of excellence
needs more advertising, still think you should post your recruitment vid on the WoW forums sometime when the mods aren't around
Old 09-22-2007, 06:15 AM
Famous Member

you know I would but well.. 2 reasons.

1. I'm scared lol. Yes I will be flat out honest and say I am scared of being banned. Hey I still post and talk to people in the game don't wanna loose that privilage.

2. It would feel tacky, dirty even. I mean those are blizzard forums it would be like me coming onto another guilds forums and trying to recruit people directly out of another guild and thats just not me. I wanna find players who are looking into playing AOC but I don't wanna step on another game companies toes to do it. I wanna be respectful.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:52 AM
Enthusiast

Taemojitsu is bathed in a white light of excellence Taemojitsu is bathed in a white light of excellence Taemojitsu is bathed in a white light of excellence Taemojitsu is bathed in a white light of excellence Taemojitsu is bathed in a white light of excellence Taemojitsu is bathed in a white light of excellence Taemojitsu is bathed in a white light of excellence
have you seen the WoW General forum at 2 in the morning? ;p The daytime is for casual customers who are bored at work and looking for social interaction. Blizzard makes sure to police the forums during this time because this is when all the 40 year old businessmen/women are bored and posting. The nighttime is for trolls, addicts, and the rebel element.

It wouldn't merit anything close to a ban (off just the forums, wouldn't affect your ability to play the game), just a move to offtopic or possibly, deletion of the topic. But then just post it sometime later after the mods have left again. As long as you say the right things, you should easily get a multipage thread of people discussing this cool game they've never seen before.

But I must stress the importance of the thread title, and what exactly you say in the post. Boring threads fall off the first page in... @#$%, it looks like it's taking up to 15-20 minutes for it to happen now... while interesting threads get bumped by replies making them exponentially more successful.

People WANT to find an interesting game to play. Everyone is discontent with WoW's rep, honor, and gear grinds. If you can show them an interesting game, they WILL be grateful to you.

Especially with your recruitment video being the way it is. The stereotype of the upcoming PvP games, WAR and AoC, is that they're only for "killer" types. Your video is aimed at socializers and explorers, a new approach that will take people by pleasant surprise. As long as you can get them to click on it and watch it. ;/
Old 09-25-2007, 08:31 AM
Famous Member

Thanx for the encouragement Taemo, I think I will post something.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Enthusiast

thread about quitting WoW for AoC, interesting to read the reactions, both trollish and non:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1
Old 03-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Famous Member

ok I just wanted to give everyone an update. We have gained several more members and are still waiting on past guildmates of mine to join. They want to play the game first before joining which I respect. We have also decided on the raid shifts. There will be 4 shifts of grouping/raiding. 9AM - Noon,
2PM- 5PM, 7PM - 10PM, and last but not least Midnight - 3AM.

So even if you are a casual player or someone that has different working hours there will be hopefully a time slot that you can play in with the guild. All of our leaders and members do realize that everyone has a life outside of the game and we all understand that most people have jobs for a living. I myself have been an officer in many guilds where the most common complaint was members that didn't have the time or who worked during our raiding hours. So my first goal when creating this guild was to have multiple raiding times during the day so that anyone could raid no matter what thier working hours were. It will be slow going at first but I am confident in my team of helpful Officers, and I know we can make my goal a reality. Once the game starts all new members will need to fill out a simple survey listing thier class and playtime. Then we will recruit more players of the time slots we need to fill.

Also we have decided that we will hold a guild meeting at least twice a month. And after the meeting has takin place there will also be a newsletter on our website basically listing everything that was discussed. This of course will happen once the game is out and we are all playing and have gotten situated.

We have also created our guild ranks. and they are as follows:

Oracle (Guild Leader)
Diviner (Officer)
Pathfinder (Class Leader)
Crusader (Raid Leader)
Devotee (Long time members)
Believer (Member)
Neophyte (New Recruits)