11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Groups/Guilds/Clans > Leader Support

Old 12-19-2007, 11:20 AM

Cormdragon has much to be proud of
Looking for feedback on my Warhammer Website
Hi all you guildleaders/webmasters

Im looking for feedback on my guild's website for the up coming Warhammer Online release.

Check it out at:

Apotheosis.guildportal.com

(no 'www' in front)
This is the first time I have constructed a website and I'm looking to make it the most appealing I can to atract new players.

So let me have your constructive criticism and tell me what you do like about it

Peace and respect
Dragon
Old 01-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Enthusiast

Zedar has set foot on a distinguished road
It's not bad -- the only thing I would suggest is that you make your homepage image a bit smaller so you don't have to scroll down to read the text.

Other than that it looks fine!
Last edited by Zedar : 01-29-2008 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Edit: Wow, this was a month old??! :p
Old 01-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Enthusiast

Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community
will need an events folder
also resources couldnt hurt either to get everyone pumped for it.

Vorbis - if I imagine Taniika is the boy and that's his crazy mental hospital escapee dad then suddenly his dead baby obsession makes a lot more sense.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Opinionated Gamer

Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
lulz http://www.guildportal.com/ErrorPages/WebBackup.aspx
'till you run out of cake.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Enthusiast

Batgra is a paragon of the community Batgra is a paragon of the community Batgra is a paragon of the community Batgra is a paragon of the community Batgra is a paragon of the community
Quote:
It's not bad -- the only thing I would suggest is that you make your homepage image a bit smaller so you don't have to scroll down to read the text.
Im afraid comments like that are a little to based from personal hardware. Your probably on a pretty small monitor (17" ill guess). which is actually a pretty valid point...

In the old days of web design we tried to guess what the average internet view was using... pages were pretty much all build at a max of 800 by 600, and then a little later were changed to 1024 by 768. Now a days, it all depends on the site thanks to CSS. your using a format that expands the page across the browser window. If your on a wide screen monitor your home link is all the way to the left, your guild link is all the way to the right, and theres soooo much space inbetween each of the links across the top. Im really not a fan of that. To me It feels to me like something is wrong, but keep in mind, there are people out there who think it looks pretty because it uses all the available space.

I would suggest, if your page is built in a div, to use some CSS and put a limit on its width. probably 1024x768 (probably the intended size of the page by the look of it). from there you can center it, or let it sit to the left... should make it feel a bit tighter... more natural. concerning the size of your center image... its fine on my monitor which is a wide screen 22". i think itll be fine on a 19"... but just barely. thats just a matter of how you want your page to be viewed and what you think your average viewer is using. if you want to consider 19" as your best viewable size... leave it as is... if you want 17" make it smaller.... if you dont care that someone has to scroll down to view the entire image... well thats your prerogative.
Last edited by Batgra : 01-29-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:35 PM

Thorn Athalin has much to be proud of
Your page looks nice. Tidy and easy to navigate, I like that.

I'm a stickler for the left side vertical menus, rather than a top horizontal one you use, but that's just my personal preference.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:52 AM

Cormdragon has much to be proud of
Thanyou all for your comments and suggestions
Old 03-11-2008, 06:36 AM

XPartyX has much to be proud of
not bad...its very simple it defonitly gets the point across but a little WOW factor is in order...i do like it though easy to navigate

-- XPartyX