11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 02-11-2008, 09:16 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Versions Notes for 2/11/2008
The following changes are going live Friday evening 2/11, about 5:00PM ET.

User Images
  • Comments on images changes:
    • Any user can now comment on an image multiple times
    • Users can reply to comments with a new comment
Guild Forums
  • You may now lock threads (which prevents further posts/edits within the thread).
  • We have deployed the first phase of some functionality that will enable guilds to form alliances with each other and share common forums for coordinating activities. However, the interface to activate this feature is not available yet. If your guild is friends with another guild, and you'd like to give this feature a try, please let us know and we'll activate it for you!
Guild Invitation Tweaks

To make life easier for guild leaders who are trying to get their guild into GuildCafe, we have done two fixes:
  • First, we no longer require email verification for users who head to the guild join page, and sign up with a new user. This should make for a more streamlined process for new users signing up.
  • Second, we have cleaned up the standard guild invitation response page for users who are not registered. Previously, they would see an accept/decline buttons, and upon clicking accept, they would have the registration box pop up. After registering, the page would refresh, causing the user to hit the accept button a second time. This was not very intuitive. The page now displays a register button if the user has not yet been created, and the accept/decline buttons, if they are a logged in user of GuildCafe.
Hopefully these two fixes will help resolve some issues that guild leaders were having, and we are sorry for any confusion these two use cases caused.
Auto-importer for World of Warcraft
  • Whenever you login to GuildCafe (up to once per 24 hours), we automatically flag your characters for a refresh so that you don't need to touch them. This means your characters will usually be updated within a few minutes of logging in.
  • On the GamerDNA panel, if you misspell a character name or we can't find it in the Armory, we'll tell you that now.
  • Requests to "refresh" your character, or adding a new character, will now timeout after 10 seconds to deal with the occasional inaccessibility of the Armory. If we're not able to connect to the Armory at that time, your character will be flagged to be updated in the background (we'll retry in a few minutes, and you can continue using the rest of GuildCafe).
  • We now collect the database of items from World of Warcraft daily, so newer items should always be displayable on your character pages (on the GamerDNA panel).
DNA Panel Updates
  • Panel opens immediately with a loading animation.
  • "Add New..." button in the top of the sub nav no longer scrolls with the subnav but remains on the top of the sub nav.
  • added icons for pending friends. You should now see avatars for existing members, and a new icon for non-members. Avatars and icons are now clickable to see them in the view screen.
  • Added the ability to add & edit "Items" from character edit section.
  • Selected accomplishments now show on Characters view.
  • added in achievement update check when updating story and location.
  • added in geocode calculation when updating location.
  • fixed attitudes that used to be dropdowns to be dropdowns and not freeform text again.
  • Changed clickable buttons to convey a sense of activity.
  • Left Nav images are now more readable and have a roll-over.
  • Added rollovers to all clickable buttons.
  • Mini icons added to the AKA section sub nav.
  • Quiz results layout has been redesigned
  • Quiz view layout has been fixed.
  • Copy reviewed, edited and implemented.
  • Added rollover highlights and click-anywhere-in-section functionality in the DNA Summary section (right-hand interface you see when the GamerDNA panel first opens)
  • Privacy options for uploaded images: users can opt to prevent their image from being shown on their profile page filmstrip, the public filmstrip, or both
  • Implement fixes to prevent multiple-saves of games with the same name
  • Implement fixes of a problem preventing non-WoW characters from being fully edited.
Signatures

Signatures on the main GuildCafe forums have been limited to 150px vertically. Signatures in GuildForums are unaffected by the change.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:11 PM

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Note: Since the patch, we have noticed WoW character updates from the DNA panel are failing. We are working to resolve the issue.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:30 PM
gamerDNA Development Team

Wormy is a jewel in the community Wormy is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Wormy
Also, just so you know, we are aware of the spotty performance issues. We are working to identify why this is happening and to address them.

In the meantime, we also have a migration script running for the titles and descriptions on images. This will take some time to complete, so don't panic if your image's description and title don't show up right away. We estimate the script will complete sometime tonight.

Thanks all for your understanding as we push through all these growing pains!

Russell Miner (a.k.a. Wormy)

Old 02-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post
The following changes are going live Friday evening 2/11, about 5:00PM ET.
Thanks for all the hard work you guys do to make this place rock. You're working so hard, you must feel like you've put in a week already!
Old 02-14-2008, 01:41 AM

In order to improve over all performance, we made a couple quick changes to the Favorites area on guild sites. We don't believe this will have any impact, however if you experience difficulties with Favorite in your guild area, please report it via the heldesk.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:51 AM

Convo has set foot on a distinguished road
Hope I didn't miss this in another thread but my page no longer shows who visited the site. That something that happen with last update or was it done on purpose?
Old 02-15-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convo View Post
Hope I didn't miss this in another thread but my page no longer shows who visited the site. That something that happen with last update or was it done on purpose?
Assuming your a talking about the friend feed I don't know. Mine is basically acting broken. I am not pushing for a fix though because the engineers are trying to get that whole page as well as the personal home page reworked in the new design. I think we all want that more!
Old 02-15-2008, 02:25 PM

Convo has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post
Assuming your a talking about the friend feed I don't know. Mine is basically acting broken. I am not pushing for a fix though because the engineers are trying to get that whole page as well as the personal home page reworked in the new design. I think we all want that more!
I am talking about at the bottom of my page it shows what members visited the site in the last 24 hours. No worries I just wanted to let you guys know about it. Thanks for the fast reply!
Old 02-15-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convo View Post
I am talking about at the bottom of my page it shows what members visited the site in the last 24 hours. No worries I just wanted to let you guys know about it. Thanks for the fast reply!
This I did not know until someone reported it in the helpdesk this AM. I am guessing that the problems are related. Something not working in the guild areas has a higher priority though. I'll see what I can do.