11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 01-25-2008, 04:58 AM
Troll

samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
If you want a truly next generation game..
http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yah...bdoc-3/1181782

This is not new news, but they released new behind the scenes video today.

This is the only truly revolutional game video game on the near horizon. This game will probably be looked upon as the next step in FPS evolution from Wolf3d to Doom to Quake to Unreal to MOH to COD4 years from now.

gaming news
Old 01-25-2008, 05:56 AM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
The use of physic engines is intriguing and it makes the wait even harder now that it was pushed back again. One thing is for sure: it will be epic.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 01-25-2008, 06:02 AM
Enthusiast

RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to RedQ
Physics is always pushing games into next gen, or near it. This one will probably be ruff around the edges, but definitely a remarkable title, and a SW game at that. Who wouldn't look forward to this?
Old 01-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodou View Post
The use of physic engines is intriguing and it makes the wait even harder now that it was pushed back again. One thing is for sure: it will be epic.
QFE. I bet the SP campaign will be to short, they might push out a quality MP mode (Wich could be truly epic aswell, with the physics working the way they do) like the one in the Jedi Knight series though, anyone heard anything about that?

Fortunately, that short campaign will probably be the most fun that I've had in a game in many years, I don't think I could ever stop playing with those stormtroppers. I mean, who wouldn't want to try and create the biggest linked group of hanging stormtroopers, just hook 'em onto eachother and see how many you can put up there.
Last edited by Sensational : 01-25-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Founding Member

DaMann is a cornerstone of the community DaMann is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to DaMann
Ya that video was pretty sweet. I also love all of the names of the systems(Havoc,Euphoria, and DMM).

Most certainly something to look forward to.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:43 PM
Troll

samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
I think the engines in the game here are more important than the game.

*EDIT* in another lucasarts article i found out the engines aren't property of lucasarts.. I thought it was their own versions of havoc, etc.. but its the same havoc used in many other games...

But still, kudos for putting them all together in one. So if any other developer wanted to, they can do the same..

Still an awesome effort that will raise the bar.

gaming news
Last edited by samhain : 02-01-2008 at 02:53 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:28 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Now that's hot.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:17 PM
Opinionated Gamer

Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Uh, wow. That does look awesome. And of course, it's not coming out for the PC. Meh.
'till you run out of cake.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:49 PM

Xtra has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Xtra Send a message via MSN to Xtra Send a message via Yahoo to Xtra
I have to say...that was quite the impressive preview. I wouldn't mind trying that out.

Old 01-26-2008, 01:19 AM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
QFE. I bet the SP campaign will be to short, they might push out a quality MP mode (Wich could be truly epic aswell, with the physics working the way they do) like the one in the Jedi Knight series though, anyone heard anything about that?

Fortunately, that short campaign will probably be the most fun that I've had in a game in many years, I don't think I could ever stop playing with those stormtroppers. I mean, who wouldn't want to try and create the biggest linked group of hanging stormtroopers, just hook 'em onto eachother and see how many you can put up there.
Dude, I just had flashbacks of JK II and the multiplayer. Now that, would be hot.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd