11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Multiplayer Strategy & RTS Games

Old 09-30-2007, 11:57 PM

VimesBP is community member of note
Talking New MMORTS Gamers Site
Again I'd like to introduce RTS players and others here to a new resource.

www.mmortsgamers.com

Here we intend to run a vocal player led site - with up to date news and opinions on games both current and in development. We firmly believe in player/community led development and structure, having persuaded the developer of Boundless Planet that this is the way forward. We will be exploring the player/dev relationship and examine spontaneous Communities like this that are developing independent of the game developers. How MMO will develop and how games will fit in is of great interest.

This site kinda means a amateurish attempt at a similar thing by us will be dropped and we will instead be advertising and reviewing communities like this. One of our recent news stories is about this exactly.

Hope to see and chat with you all soon.

Vimes(BP)

http://www.mmortsgamers.com - MMORTS Players Community

MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Role Playing Girls

Old 10-01-2007, 11:56 AM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
The place to post stuff like this is in Favorites where people can vote on the site and the content.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:13 PM

Id agree bar the fact that most rts fans would immediately search a site with huge amounts of psuedo-rpg bleh for rts and check out the content first before settling into a community. Far too much is geared to rpg even though mmorts and mmofps are only really being explored now. I could set up a rpg tomorrow with one of those packages on offer elsewhere. Tbh - looking at most rpgs i think some 15 year old with hentai obsessions has already got there lol,

I will post on favourites but for the masses - I know my genre well

Old 10-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Can't wait untill there will be a quality MMORTS with a presistant world and joy, happiness and tankguns. It will happen, it must happen!
Old 10-01-2007, 05:04 PM

watch this space

as reported on site - new dev trying to merge mankind with Boundless Planet - should be interesting. Fractured galaxy is another on horizon....join us

Old 10-13-2007, 05:03 AM

Well the game lists are bigger on www.mmortsgamers.com and we have some devs posting progress on their pre-betas on forum. I'm experimenting ith a new idea - that of a Lost MMORTS Souls page - linked to forum manually atm. Idea is that players you remember and miss - both friend and foe - go online and possibly brush past old sites or areas ad maybe even google old nicks who knows. I'm grasping here but lets see.

You post nicks and game and significant key words and we will manually add them to the content. We can add atm the words as tags and optimise it for Search engines but im sure we will come up with a better solution soon enough. Guild Cafe can borrow the idea no problem lol.

Soon to come will be the developers nightmare- the player wish list wiki and concise guides to Boundless Planet and Time of Defiance.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:12 AM

Dreamlords has gone into Closed Beta stage, as has Saga the fantasy MMORTS. Boundless Planet has rumours of a Free to Play Weekender culminating in DeathMatch Tourney - the extra Free mod with player made maps. Time of Defiance has a Open to Registered players Beta going on again and there are three pre-BETA MMORTS in the pipeline. The genre is picking up

Old 11-03-2007, 01:24 AM

New beta open for applications - Beyond Protocol - due to commence 15th November. Space based cool looking MMORTS. If you haven't tried MMORTS yet but consider yourself good at strategy - give the free demos a go. All are reasonable sizes and give a feel for the games. Id recommend Boundless Planet and Time of defiance as they are fully open not beta's. Mankind is same but the demo has been disabled. There are plenty of reviews and forum posts describing play enough to assist your decision.

Old 12-30-2007, 10:50 PM

Laurentius has much to be proud of
The site looks very nice Vimes. Glad to see that you have included Call of the Kings in the mmorts list!

50 people have been invited to the closed beta during Christmas. There is a good chance more are allowed inside within one or two months.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:16 PM

No problem my friend, and good luck with your beta test. Anything we can do to help get the word out just ask. I will submit a Q&A sheet asap

I will be updating a lot of news here soon - just sorting site proper. Soon to be doing a feature on social gaming sites so expect a lot of activity soon.