11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > MUDs and Interactive Fiction

Old 01-21-2007, 06:39 AM
Famous Member

Kutulu is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to Kutulu Send a message via MSN to Kutulu Send a message via Yahoo to Kutulu
Arrow Clandestine MUD - any vets?
I can't even start to imagine how many hours of my life (high school and start of college) were spent playing Clandestine! I may have bounced around other MUDS - but this was the main player. Dedicated (and large) player base. Always new features being worked on. RP. PvP. It was pretty damn addictive - and it was a great way to go through a case of beer and a few delivered pizzas (because, of course, my college room mate had Clandestine up on his computer too)!

It started as a variation on ROM - and got more and more varied as the years passed. And I'll tell you what - I really honed the ole coding skills - working on all my zMUD triggers and such for that one!!

Ahh, good times. So - any more Clandestine vets out there?
Old 01-28-2007, 03:20 AM

Goldrock has much to be proud of
First mud i played was back in 95-96ish that was dragonrealms great p2p mud and still strong matter fact great playerbase.and another also i use too play before it went p2p,was eternal-city best game back when it was f2p, most games get better when p2p but it seemed too get worse and worse as years went by p2p.But cladenstine sounds interesting is it still up and runnin?
Old 01-28-2007, 09:24 AM
Famous Member

Send a message via AIM to Kutulu Send a message via MSN to Kutulu Send a message via Yahoo to Kutulu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrock View Post
First mud i played was back in 95-96ish that was dragonrealms great p2p mud and still strong matter fact great playerbase.and another also i use too play before it went p2p,was eternal-city best game back when it was f2p, most games get better when p2p but it seemed too get worse and worse as years went by p2p.But cladenstine sounds interesting is it still up and runnin?
Yes - as a matter of fact - I just found out that Clanestine is still up and running!!
http://www.clandestinemud.com/
Old 07-11-2007, 08:39 AM
Girl Gamerz FTW!

elly has much to be proud of
I used to play Clandestine...A LOT!

i was Zoe Drahkazhar and Xenia Araya amongst all the others, lol
Old 11-11-2007, 11:36 PM

Zuranthium has much to be proud of
I remember Clandestine! I stopped playing at a frequent enough rate to make a really, really high level character (mainly because I started playing Everquest instead...and eventually stopped playing MUDs altogether) but it was an excellent MUD; had a lot of unique qualities and the class system was very diverse. My eventual character after Reincarnating was like a Samurai/Archwizard/Mindbender/Cardinal...can't remember specifically but it was pretty awesome.

Damn memories! I started playing MUDs when I was 12 years old and they were definitely very addicting. There were a bunch of them that I got into, but the first and most important was MUDGIK: The Gathering of Heroes. It was based around the Magic the Gathering Card game (which I've also gotten into extensively and started playing when when I was just 9 years old...life flashing before my eyes, *boggle*), mostly just because of some of the creatures in the game you could fight, but eventually it developed further and you could play actual races from Magic (Dauthi, En-Kor, Llanowar Elves, etc.) and a spell system was implemented that utilized the 5 types of Mana from magic and your character's alignment determined which forms of mana were able to be utilized most effectively. Really, really great MUD during it's Golden Age.

I actually only starting playing other MUDs because I was ip-banned from MUDGIK for several months (because my friend starting playing it with me on the same ip and he was just learning how to MUD and didn't talk or anything, so the Administrators though I was botting...oops). Sometime after going back to MUDGIK when the ban was lifted, a pay-to-play was set up that was really retarded and eventually the game died.

I dabbled in a bunch of MUDs (Genocide, Purple Dragon, Eldorado, and many others that I can't remember the names of. It's too bad that I didn't save all of the server and character info from my MUD client on my parents' computer after leaving for college years ago...alas, gone forever) but there was one other aside from Clandestine and MUDGIK that I played for a long time. I can't recall the name of it either but I played it with my best friend (who was intensely addicted) and it lead to some major IRL problems. This MUD eventually got deleted because the owner simply didn't want to maintain it (and gave no forewarning to people before deleting) and it threw my friend into a state of depression (in combination with other problems happening in his life) for a year. Really painful.

It's amazing how much of my life has been based around gaming. We all have our own Worlds, though.

~Z
Old 11-12-2007, 04:17 AM
Famous Member

Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence
It was one of the first muds I tried.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:24 AM
Famous Member

Many good times back there. DOWN WITH TAKHISIS!