11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > MMORPG Connections

Old 10-04-2007, 12:01 AM

Skyfire has much to be proud of
giant robot mmo debate
Ladies and gentlemen I am a giant robot fan. In my quest to find a mmo to meet my giant robot needs I found 3 candidates. What I would like from you is your opinion on which one I should play and why as you can only get really involved in 2 mmorpgs if you want to play anything else. Also I will accept "I'm gonna play this game" because mmos need good population. The candidates are:

Age of armor
http://www.aoaus.com/
not related to age of empires, 3 playable races, tons of robots to make, maybe some transform(bumblebee looking guy on home page), free beta now

Exteel
http://www.exteel.com/us/
3d person giant robot shooter, made by NCsoft, good looking grafics, free to play with buyable items, I think big PvP

Force of arms
http://www.forceofarms.com/foa_v1/in...tpage&Itemid=1
not much info not fully up yet but looks really good, one faction up, free download but monthly subscription
Old 10-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Enthusiast

Thallen is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Thallen
not my cup-o-tea. Good luck finding one =)
Old 10-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Bring back the Heavy Gear series IMO.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 10-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Enthusiast

Salohcin is a jewel in the community Salohcin is a jewel in the community
Where is the download link for the last one?
Old 10-05-2007, 04:31 AM
The Bishop's Wife

mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salohcin View Post
Where is the download link for the last one?
Where do I download Force of Arms?
Force of Arms is still currently under development and is not available for download at this time. When the initial phase is ready for download, you will find a link to it on the Force of Arms website.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:22 AM
Famous Member

DarthSirov is a cornerstone of the community DarthSirov is a cornerstone of the community DarthSirov is a cornerstone of the community
Mecha/Giant Robots would most likely come out of countries like Korea or Japan. Wonder how an Anime-like Mecha MMO would be like. Imagine playing an MMO of Macross or Robotech.

Phantasyrpg.com
Good ticked based game, easy to play and get engrossed.

http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Darth_Sirov
Kongregate - One of the best place to look for good Flash Games

www.disputedgalaxy.com
Best Flash Space Shooter Game
Old 10-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Enthusiast

Salohcin is a jewel in the community Salohcin is a jewel in the community
Where can I dl Exteel?
Last edited by Salohcin : 10-05-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:44 PM

Skyfire has much to be proud of
click the link to go to the home page and register for the beta under the sign up tab
Old 10-06-2007, 01:32 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
I'm a big fan of big stomping robots, Mechwarrior style, while Anime-style magical robot suits aren't nearly as exciting... Which unfortunately puts me once again out of the mainstream. Woe is me!

FOA looks interesting. I like the sense of scale in the screen caps...something missing from NCSoft's presentation. (I don't want to live out my fantasy of being in a transformers saturday morning cartoon, I want to drive a huge stomping machine!)

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 10-06-2007, 02:28 AM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekhedd View Post
I'm a big fan of big stomping robots, Mechwarrior style, while Anime-style magical robot suits aren't nearly as exciting... Which unfortunately puts me once again out of the mainstream. Woe is me!
I'm right there with you, anime/transformer robots just feel silly to me, while "realistic"/futuristic robots are awesome!