11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 10-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenheart View Post
All of the game related questions have a WoW themed style(like using the word "raid" in such a way that only WoW players use it). Here is an example where clearly you can see which game has been used as a base for the quiz.

Question N13:
"How does your guild parcel out loot after a raid?"

Answers:
"Need before greed."
"We roll for it."
"There’s a point system, where you earn points by attendance, participation, and rank."
"One of the officers picks up everything and hands it out afterwards."

Whenever i read the game questions i feel like i'm reading a WoW addiction test.
Yeah, I think what you meant to say was that it is an MMORPG themed quiz, to wich I would reply "That's why it's called an MMORPG guild personality test".
Old 10-01-2007, 02:42 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Points systems for loot distribution in games is really old, almost as old as rolling need or greed. Here are some trivia questions for you:

What does DKP stand for?

In what online game was DKP first used?

Before you run to Wikipedia for the answers...oh wait. You can't run to Wikipedia for the definition and history of DKP, because though the best explanation ever was there, some freaking deletionist had it removed. Because even though the game business is now bigger than the movie business, obviously the 10 million or so people who know of or use Dragon Kill Points in their daily gaming lives are some kind of freaks.

/rant off
Old 10-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Enthusiast

Golanth is a jewel in the community Golanth is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Golanth Send a message via Yahoo to Golanth
Aye i agree with the above post .. Some people grrr lol
Old 10-01-2007, 05:15 PM

Adythiel is community member of note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post
Points systems for loot distribution in games is really old, almost as old as rolling need or greed. Here are some trivia questions for you:

What does DKP stand for?

In what online game was DKP first used?

Before you run to Wikipedia for the answers...oh wait. You can't run to Wikipedia for the definition and history of DKP, because though the best explanation ever was there, some freaking deletionist had it removed. Because even though the game business is now bigger than the movie business, obviously the 10 million or so people who know of or use Dragon Kill Points in their daily gaming lives are some kind of freaks.

/rant off
DKP == Dragon Kill Points

The first iteration I know of was used in Everquest.

And I agree. Gaming is a huge, worldwide industry yet numbnuts feel the need to act all high and mighty and say we don't deserve to be classified on the same level as other forms of media and entertainment.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:20 PM
The Bishop's Wife

mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence
Several games came to mind when I took this test (Asheron's Call, Anarchy Online, EQ, DAoC, and yes, WoW) so the questions definitely do not favor WoW over any other.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Famous Member

DarthSirov is a cornerstone of the community DarthSirov is a cornerstone of the community DarthSirov is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Steele View Post
Several games came to mind when I took this test (Asheron's Call, Anarchy Online, EQ, DAoC, and yes, WoW) so the questions definitely do not favor WoW over any other.
Which is what I was thinking... the terms used are too broad to just be WoW

Phantasyrpg.com
Good ticked based game, easy to play and get engrossed.

http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Darth_Sirov
Kongregate - One of the best place to look for good Flash Games

www.disputedgalaxy.com
Best Flash Space Shooter Game