11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 07-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Founding Member

DaMann is a cornerstone of the community DaMann is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to DaMann
I still haven't played the game lol, Although I did just get vista, so I might check it out on PC.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:28 PM

Team_Steve has much to be proud of
One thing that is a must is that if your going to be playing shadow run, you need friends!

the more the better the game play is because you can work as a team, not get stupid lagg and the overall game play is alot more fun
Old 08-08-2007, 06:34 PM

Cloudancer has set foot on a distinguished road
dont the xbox and the pc versions use different servers ?
Old 08-08-2007, 06:40 PM

Cloudancer has set foot on a distinguished road
Shadowrun, its just a fantasy version of counterstrike, i would have preferred to see a mmo with a persistent world kind of thing, rather than this rubbish, can they even really call it shadowrun? its more like a cheap knock off than a real game imo, very dissapointed, fans of shadowrun/cyberpunk, avoid, it actually makes halo 2 look good, and you know how bad halo 2 is!
Old 08-08-2007, 07:13 PM

CrazyDaze has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudancer View Post
dont the xbox and the pc versions use different servers ?
If PC players pay the $50/year for XBL Gold then you can play on the same servers.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:18 PM

CrazyDaze has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudancer View Post
Shadowrun, its just a fantasy version of counterstrike, i would have preferred to see a mmo with a persistent world kind of thing, rather than this rubbish, can they even really call it shadowrun? its more like a cheap knock off than a real game imo, very dissapointed, fans of shadowrun/cyberpunk, avoid, it actually makes halo 2 look good, and you know how bad halo 2 is!
Everyone probably would've rather seen an MMO of SR than an FPS but don't knock the game just because of that. The game is fun and even if it wasn't called SR I would still enjoy the game.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Aslong as you don't dumb down the gameplay so that people who use gamepads can keep up then I don't see a problem. Other then having to deal with the masses of young kids gaming on consoles, because there's no doubt about it that there's more kids with consoles then gaming PCs, and there's already more then enough idiocy on the intrawebz.

Will console gamers realize the true dominance over the speed a mouse provides and the sheer accuracy compared to thumb sticks?
Not if game companies continue to slow down gameplay for the gamepad users (Yes, gamepads are better in other genres such as platform games and what-not, but not in FPS).

Will it even work well?
It's been released right, how did it go? My guess would be no since the cross-platform gaming is still in the early stages.

Do you think this will catch on and more games will be allowed to have an option similar to this (doubtful IMO)?
Yes, most defenitley, mainly because gaming companies are just that, companies. They want to make money and cross-platform play is the future unless they simply merge consoles and PCs so that there's barely any difference wich will most likely happen to. Heck it's already happening.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:48 AM
Enthusiast

Kuranes is bathed in a white light of excellence Kuranes is bathed in a white light of excellence Kuranes is bathed in a white light of excellence Kuranes is bathed in a white light of excellence Kuranes is bathed in a white light of excellence Kuranes is bathed in a white light of excellence
I hate the fact that developers are even considering making games on which PC and console players are supposed to interact. One playerbase is going to get the shaft fact due to the fact that one side usually has an advantage in some way; this means the end product is going to be less enjoyable by everyone as the playing field has to be artificially levelled by some stupid in-game mechanic which leaves everyone dissatisfied (or at least the PC players dissatisfied) in the end.

Despite taking the risk of being politically incorrect I say: segregating the gaming community per platform is a good thing, as it will allow the games to be played to their fullest by the intended playerbase instead of forcing everyone to play a "disabled" version of a game. You can always do a port to another target platform later if the game proves to be a success.