11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

View Poll Results: What will or have you done with old computer stuff?
Trashed it, the dump 7 33.33%
Donated to charity/school/etc 4 19.05%
Sold usefull parts then rest to the dump 5 23.81%
Sold everything 6 28.57%
Gave it to a recycling organiztion 1 4.76%
Still Collecting dust somewhere 10 47.62%
Other 7 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
would tax deductions increase your donation to recycling services? or what about beta keys? I think gamers are the most wasteful of computer parts...I mean we upgrade constantly and either sell them off or just dump'm. But maybe if EA/SOE could donate some beta keys more gamers would recycle their parts... just thinking out loud...I think it would be cool, I mean some gamers pay $500 bucks for Warhammer beta accouts, later to just get them shutdown by EA (rightfully so), what if you got a beta key of your choice for ever $300 worth of part you donate, and you still get the deduction to your taxes, sounds like a sweet deal to me. I don't know what do you guy think?

Honestly? I'd prefer to just not have to PAY to bring it to someplace. The one place I know that recycles them (rather than refurbs them - our are so picked over there's nothing really uasable left) charges $15 dollars per computer - we have 7 case in our basement! I wouldn't need any incentive _ i just can't afford to have them recycled!

I've given this topic thougt before and was trying to figure out some way to broach the subject here. Luckily Shadow is a great idea man and he's getting the ball rolling!
Old 09-01-2007, 06:59 AM

Tilinka has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Tilinka Send a message via AIM to Tilinka
My last desktop got donated to my Uni's Computer Club for a computer-smashing fundraiser they did. Donate a dollar, smash a bunch of old PCs with a sledgehammer. (No monitors, mind.) The remaining bits and pieces supposedly got trucked off to the local recycling center. It being Maine, I rather suspect they ended up in the dump.

My other laptop - it's about thirteen years old now - comes out to play Christmas music.

I think I still have my Dad's Tandy CoCo from 1980-something around somewhere too.

(I don't get to trade up my computer nearly as often as I want to.)