11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 08-26-2007, 10:10 PM

Meynolt has set foot on a distinguished road
Trouble with Event Management and Adding Games
As an experiment I decided to try making a false event to get the feel for the Guildcafe Event Calander. Everything worked fine until it asked me which game the event would take place in. I have no options what so ever. So of course I went to the management tab and tried to "add game". There is no list after I add a game so there is no way for me to tell if it was actually added to our website. Am I missing something here?

Also without the option to select which game for an event, I cannot define the "slots" nor can the players sign up and tell me what they are bringing.

On a side note...what is 'benched players' in the event calander?
Old 08-27-2007, 08:31 AM
Famous Member

Herra14 is bathed in a white light of excellence Herra14 is bathed in a white light of excellence Herra14 is bathed in a white light of excellence Herra14 is bathed in a white light of excellence Herra14 is bathed in a white light of excellence Herra14 is bathed in a white light of excellence
I beleive the Benched players are for player who sign up but have informed you they will be late. Basically its a second list you create when approving members for an event so that if you are short on players for the event and all that you have approved have shown up then you can goto the next list of player that you have marked as benched and allow them to participate in events. Very good for raiding in games when you want to be fair to people that are the most reliable. But still want to let the casual players a chance at raiding

As for the adding game see if there is a selection after you add the game in the management tab that says make this game default and check it.

Visit our Guild at http://fate.guildcafe.com
Old 08-28-2007, 05:19 AM

Meynolt has set foot on a distinguished road
Well, the problem is , although I have added a few different games, none of them are showing in the list. If I go to the roster page I can sort by gametype, but that seems to be the only place I get any functionality when it comes to "games".

Is there a way to get a site admin to take a look at this?