11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 08-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Opinionated Gamer

Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
This signature business...
So I am trying to make my signature as telling and nifty as I can, while also taking up as little room as possible. To this end, I wish there was a way to make the text flow to the right of the image, instead of having to position the image at the bottom (or at the top).

This would be easily doable with either a table or css-formatting, but as far as I can tell, the forums do not allow any code that will let me do what I wish. Or perhaps I am simply not grasping the full abilities of bbcode?

By the way, if you are a site developer, and you are reading this, have you ever considered enabling html-input and safeguarding the site from bad input with HTML Purifier?
'till you run out of cake.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:28 PM

Cayle is a jewel in the community Cayle is a jewel in the community
Have you tried a BB code table? I don't know if it would work here, but tables also work in BB code if the forum allows.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Opinionated Gamer

Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
I have not, because it was not listed as one of the available options, and I had never heard of such a bb tag before.

At any rate, as the below shows, I don't think it is enabled around here.

[table]
[tr]text or[/td]more[/td][/tr]
[tr]BB[/td]Code[/td][/tr]
[/table]
Old 08-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
So I am trying to make my signature as telling and nifty as I can, while also taking up as little room as possible.
Wow, it's wonderful to hear someone say that. I've already had to add some huge, animated sigs to adblock.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 08-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Opinionated Gamer

Ha ha, I'm glad we agree. I do have some issues with huge, invasive or blinking signatures myself.

But I still want to show off the nice (and modestly-sized, if I may say so) logo... and while it currently looks kinda messy, I think the simple moving of the text to the right of the image would do wonders. Other suggestions for formatting are welcome too, of course.

I suppose I *could* make the image much wider and simply "draw" the text on it instead... but that would make linking to more than one thing virtually impossible.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:33 PM
I Are Famous!

Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
I suppose I *could* make the image much wider and simply "draw" the text on it instead... but that would make linking to more than one thing virtually impossible.
It's been a long time since I've used these so forgive me if this is a stupid question, but if you really wanted to do that, couldn't you make your signature an image map? I'm sure there's a better way to do this than that, but I'm not very familiar with BBCode either.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:42 PM
The Bishop's Wife

mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence
An image map would also require HTML to be enabled, I believe. I don't think BBcode has image map capabilities. Looks like BBcode tables would work if it were only turned on.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:05 PM
I Are Famous!

Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community
Right. I knew that. Bugger. Don't mind me!