11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > MUDs and Interactive Fiction

Old 10-18-2006, 12:21 AM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Legends of Future Past Refugee Center
I think the thing that made Legends amazing was that it was small and the gamemasters truly wanted to make the players dreams come true--and they had the power to do so.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:41 AM

Sierron has much to be proud of
yeah, it was quite a bit of fun, over the years I played it.. I still remember my first night in the game. I had no idea what I was doing really. I did something bad on that first night, with my first character.

Some evil baddy had put a bomb, or something in the Adventurer's Guild, or in the Medical building, I don't remember which off hand.. Well, I was just heading to teh AG, because I had just created the character, and needed to go train him for the first time.. Well, the bady was a vampire, or something if I remember right, and came across my new character, and attacked me.. Well, I logged out when that happened, because I wasn't expecting it. I came back a little bit later, though no one said anything to me about what I did.. I did learn though, that, it wasn't a good thing to disconnect when in combat, and that it was very frowned upon. I didn't learnt hat there in LOFP, but I never did it again after that, especially once I realized that it was an event, and not just some random character attacking me.

I had a lot of other good experiences in the game though. I would have to say my most favorite though, is when Sierron was pretty much second in command of the Shadowmancers, and Montar was running a storyline of the Shadowmancer's ancient magic, Starmagic, and Sierron was stronger than anyone else in the 'mancers in controling it, though pretty much, the others seemed content to only let Sierron attempt any of the Starmagic stuff, and he was pretty much taken under Necrovian's wing, and mentored by it.

Other favorites were when over the mindlink, in the Wastes, Sierron asked for a demon priest to come and perform a wedding between himself, and Tashina, and a GM actually made a demon priest, and performed the ceremony.

When Sierron was younger, around 10th level, a GM made Vashaska the Banshee queen from the Banshee tree in Grymwood, actually come out of the tree, when Sierron ran away from her, because he was nearly dead.

When Lor became a werewolf, and the whole brainwolf scenario that Damnthing did. That was quite a bit of fun too, and also when the dark horseman attacked Lor, and some others in Grymwood, and Kai and Camorra allowed Lor to keep the axe that was found on him. That was one of my favorite weapons in the game.

When Sierron and I can't remember his name, the master goul from the planes, has a little competition going. The ghoul was out to kill other ghouls, and absorb there essense. Sierron decided he would help himself to some of that essense as well, and he got the essense of one of the ghouls before the elder ghoul could get it. Also, during the same scenario, a little later on, the ghoul destroyed Hemoth, and Sierron got 1/3rd of Hemother's essense while the ghoul got 1/3rd and the last 1/3 was destroyed by.. can't remember her name, but the goddess of life, because one of her priests asked her to.

There are a lot more good times I remember, and will post more later, if wanted
Old 10-18-2006, 01:00 AM

rmacy has much to be proud of
Lofp
While I was only in LOFP for a few years, it has many fun lasting memories even 10 years later.

The people, both in front of and behind the scenes, made the game.

From Sierron and Phelan to Nissa and Herbie, there was a wide range of personalities and playing styles that made it one of the most immersive experiences I have had in a MMORPG.

I spent so much time exploring both topographically and sociographically that I never did achieve much

The once upon a time Schrodinger's Cat.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacy View Post
While I was only in LOFP for a few years, it has many fun lasting memories even 10 years later.

The people, both in front of and behind the scenes, made the game.

From Sierron and Phelan to Nissa and Herbie, there was a wide range of personalities and playing styles that made it one of the most immersive experiences I have had in a MMORPG.

I spent so much time exploring both topographically and sociographically that I never did achieve much

The once upon a time Schrodinger's Cat.
I agree, there were a lot of ineresting and fun personalities over the years in LOFP. I wish I still had some of the logs, but I've lost them over the years, as I've gotten rid of my floppy disks..or at least can't find the ones that I had moved the logs to. Even the NPC villans were memorable. There will never be another game like it, in my opinion.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:27 AM

more memories.
Another of some of the fun things I remember. White Sierron was a vampire, during the event of the blood moon, when vampires could become more powerful. Sierron convinced Linneaus that he was turning good again, which wasn't far from the truth, but he conned Linne into believing it, so he could get some fragments which contained some of I don't remember his name, the god of the poor's blood. Well, Vlad was going to be the vampire that would drink the blood, and sacrafice himself for the others to feed upon him, to grow stronger. Well, Vlad decided he wanted to be stronger as well, and not sacrafice himself. Sierron didn't like that, because it would mean, he'd be left out of becomming stronger this way. I believe Phelan kind of sided with Sierron on it, and took Sierron away from the others, because he still had not handed over the items that contained the blood needed, and waited for the blood moon to pass, thus denying any of the vampiric types a chance to become stronger.

One I know that he hates, if he ever comes here and reads it, but it is still something that was quite fun. Morwynn grabbed Sierron and used a BS II rod, and meant to leave him alone in the Mall under the wastes, but he had no charges left in the rod, and was trapped down there with him. Well, that left him little choice than to help Sierron get out of the Mall as well as himself.

Hmm, can't think of anymore at the moment.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:40 AM

Faydian has much to be proud of
Ahhh memories
I always enjoyed Sierron. Though he always made being a loyal Lawkeeper very difficult (in a fun way) with his many loop holes

Jayd Varion
Old 10-18-2006, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faydian View Post
I always enjoyed Sierron. Though he always made being a loyal Lawkeeper very difficult (in a fun way) with his many loop holes

Jayd Varion
heh, Sierron never did go to jail very much. I don't think that he actually ever got caught, he might have once or twice. He may have been evil for a long time, but he was a fun, sneaky type evil. He'd tell you what you wanted to hear, and then go and do the complete opposite, when you weren't looking. The more powerful he became the more he didn't care who he ticked off.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:16 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
OMG Lawkeepers! Vashaska! Grymwood! Amazing that I could forget my own creations. (no I never ran events with them and I don't even know what happened to them as the years wore on, I just wrote the original areas.)

Thanks for reminding me. Its been 15 years since I first sat down on the floor of my apartment (no furniture back then) to create what apparently became a beloved world. Of course that wasn't me that did that, it was the GMs and the community itself. Still its gratifying to know what grew from the seeds.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:34 PM

More
Well, let's see.

Sierron started out following Shaltos, but after becoming undead, when he was just undead from being resurrected as such, then Mosquitoid stole some of Dahkhan's power, and greated an undead crystal gargoyle, which made Sierron a type of vampire that they called Dessicae and gave Sierron a symbol, and Mosquitoid wanted Saryon to be his high priest, though Saryon was a follower of Dahkhan, Saryon and some friends killed and stole Sierron's symbol from Mosquitoid, which let Dahkahn destroy him. Well, some more during the bloodmoon event, when they went to the werewolves to get Shaltos' blood to see if it would be strong enough to use, the werewolves said they remembered Sierron and called him "The Betrayer"

Not sure if anyone remember, but there was someone from the Lorewardens that brought some armor to be a tribute to those in Fayd, well, Sierron and some other Shadowmancers had previously gone to where the armor was forged, and calling on the Starmagic, Sierron had corrupted the forge and metal, so that it would look like the Lorewardens meant harm.. When the Lorewarden brought the armor the citizens, some of us Shadowmancers were invisible in the town square, and activated the armor, so that it would seem to be evil, thus getting those of Fayd to want to kill the Lorewardens, because they thought they meant harm.

A year or two before the game closed, Sierron had fully switched from being evil, to being purely neutral and was intent on following Ordanin who was the new god of balance, replacing the dead Kaliban, the god of the poor quarter.

Let's see, think that is about all I remember, I think my most memorable character over all was Sierron, though I believe Lor was a close second, and LOFP left a lot of lasting memories with me. As long as we remember the game, it shall always live on.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:01 AM

Faydian has much to be proud of
Even More
I still have a folder on my computer tucked away with the entire LOFP database and script files. I copied everything near the end of LOFP so I could always have the memorey. Here is a write up that was a small part of the last events that were run, about my main character. It was run around the Queen of Fayd being wrongly blamed for the cities strife by the townspeople who eventually turned on her.

There Jayd stood staring up at his Queen, tears running down his scarred cheeks, she was badly bruised and bloody from being dragged to this point in the Bazaar. The crowd of citizens was screaming incoherently, rage and death in thier eyes. He could barely hear them for he knew what was going to happen. Every part of his being screamed at him to do something or at least turn away. He would do niether, if he was going to stand by while this horrific event occured then not even the Gods themselves would stop him from letting her know he was with her. Memories raced through his mind of the countless times he had defended these very people that now ignored him from creatures of such horror most would never dare imagine, memories of his long lost friend Jaxom, the last time he was powerless to save another. He knew as she did that the only way for him to save her would be to slaughter the people around him. People with families, people that did not truely know what they were doing, even if he did do it and did save her he knew in his heart she would never forgive him for it, he could see it in her eyes, eyes he refused to look away from. On came the stones, he winced with each hit, almost feeling what she felt. In his 40 years of life he was about to break his word for the first time, Jayd Varian, Knight Protector of Queen Moryan, Commander of the Royal Guard, Captain of the Lawkeepers was going to watch her die to the rope around her neck.......

They say he stood there untill well after the crowds cleared, not once looking down. At some point he was said to turn and slowly walk to the gates of Fayd. He was never seen in that city again. Over the years storeys were told of a great warrior clad in armor of crimson drakin scales appearing in the midst of great jupasskri hordes that would attack far off towns only to vanish as quickly as he came when he had killed them all. But that is all that is known of Jayd Varian.