11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Ask a Hardware Guru

Old 07-16-2007, 03:52 AM

Odin has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Odin Send a message via MSN to Odin Send a message via Yahoo to Odin
Which TV is better
Is this westinghouse better or is this LG better??
I notice a few key differences in the resolution and the contrast ratio but im not quite sure if one is or isnt as important as the other. Thanks for ur help guys!
Old 07-17-2007, 06:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to Odin Send a message via MSN to Odin Send a message via Yahoo to Odin
So guys I ended up getting the LG and I have noticed a problem. Ok so I brought it home and tested guitar hero on it, and it lagged quite a bit like 100 ms but it says it is 5 ms so my question is : are all HD tvs like that and do u know if it can be fixed in any way, also I noticed that twice the voice didnt match the mouth moving exactly. Any advice?

Last edited by Odin : 07-17-2007 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Founding Member

DaMann is a cornerstone of the community DaMann is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to DaMann
No, all HD's aren't like that. I don't notice any lag on my HD projector or on my 1 year old 55" sony RPTV HDTV. Are you using the component connectors or the standard video RCA connector. I'd advise checking out
www.avsforum.com
They really helpful, make use of the search feature
Old 07-17-2007, 07:24 PM

well since im pretty much only gunna be using it for gaming u think i should return it, cuzz the lag in gaming is unbearable.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:01 PM
Founding Member

DaMann is a cornerstone of the community DaMann is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to DaMann
Ya, I would return if you aren't happy with it. Report the problem and ask to test the next TV you buy with your gaming setup before you buy it.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:49 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I remember reading an article about HDTVs and the 360 stating that there are some problems with delay and IIRC had something to do with the connection type. God only knows why they waited until the elite to offer HDMI support.

BTW, LG is Magnavox; not sure about Westinghouse, but I've heard good things about them.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 07-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Founding Member

Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow
aquos 46 inch LCD is an uber leet TV!!!! great price too

CHECK OUT THE GAMERDNA CITY
26 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 4% Dork
Old 07-17-2007, 11:40 PM

Is the Aquos 46 inch not laggy, is there a game mode in the tv, what is the price and where can u find it ?

Old 07-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Enthusiast

PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community
1080p Westinghouses seem to be popular with the gaming crowd since they are big and cheap.

I have heard bad things about the 1080p Gaming Aquos models...dead pixels and color problems.