11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Ask a Hardware Guru

Old 07-01-2007, 03:02 PM
More Famous Than Human

TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence
LotRO...Running, running, running, quit?
Just bought LotRO last night at Best Buy, brought it home, uninstalled some games including GW to make room, downloaded quite smoothly, downloaded the 2867 file patch which ran smooth yet took awhile, added my LotRO key to my Turbine account, logged in to LotRO, chose Brandywine server, and pressed play. The verify screen came up to load for the first time, but a black screen came up and a small blue box with the option to quit, and only to quit.
Tried other servers but the problem persisted. Anyone know how to get around this or what the problem is?
Old 07-01-2007, 06:56 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Did the box say anything, or did it just have a button that said quit? Usually when my games do something strange consistently, I uninstall and then reinstall, and that usually fixes it.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Enthusiast

Drevnar is a jewel in the community Drevnar is a jewel in the community
Can you list your hardware configuration? You may have a machine that is not capable of playing the game. Don't jump to conclusions, it may just have had a corrupted software file or something like that. You should also make sure that all of your hardware and software drivers are up-to-date.

Rethaul, Dark Templar and squad leader in Rising Arms
Northern Lights, my computers specifications and an up to date worklog of the build!
My gaming life
Old 07-02-2007, 01:03 AM
I Are Famous!

Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community
The real problem: your computer is boycotting because you uninstalled GW!!!

no? okay, fine, do it their way then...

hehe, good luck figuring it out!
Old 07-02-2007, 03:25 AM

Greyblood has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Greyblood Send a message via Skype™ to Greyblood
Can't say man, I've never had these type of problems before...

Try Restarting your computer, Re-installing, maybe getting some help by e-mailing Turbine for some help, and even seeing f anyone else has had this problem. And if you have an extra computer, try installing it on that one before jumping the boat, and throwing LOTRO into the garbage. :P
Old 07-02-2007, 08:13 AM

Drifta has much to be proud of
I dont believe this is a hardware problem, maybe your drivers are not up to date and make sure that you dont have any firewall blocking the game
Old 07-02-2007, 05:30 PM
More Famous Than Human

TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence
Thanks for the help, appreciate it, but I ended up finding out the problem... My computer was fine, everything is up to date, thats when I thought about security problems...Turned out my firewall was blocking access to servers, and I didn't want to simply turn it off, so I reconfigured the file that may not have been getting access, reinstalled, and it worked perfectly =).
Old 07-02-2007, 05:33 PM
More Famous Than Human

Quote:
and throwing LOTRO into the garbage. :P
*!SHOCKED!* I would never do such a thing!
Old 07-02-2007, 08:17 PM

Greyblood has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Greyblood Send a message via Skype™ to Greyblood
Under Construction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arelos@738 View Post
*!SHOCKED!* I would never do such a thing!
I'm sorry for shocking you, better take a chill pill before you start ranting on LOTROs already well-known leetness. Atleast you found the problem. That's what counts... right?
Old 07-03-2007, 04:01 AM
More Famous Than Human

Good idea, I think I'll take 7... =p