11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Ask a Hardware Guru

Old 06-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Microsoft Surface
I've read about this a while ago, and the concept isn't really new. But do look at the ways they're using it. I find it amazingly 'innovative'. Maybe the concept has been known for years and seen in movies, no real steps have been made to actually realise it... There've been other touch screen shit by Phillips and Apple, but I think this takes it way further... This thing might not be affordable for us commoners for a long time, but it does give a neat glimpse into a nearby future...

I say, take a look:

Microsoft Surface
Shadows' blog
Last edited by Dem : 06-02-2007 at 01:26 AM.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:08 AM
I Are Famous!

Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community
I've got a couple links to share on the subject, Dem.

A "realistic review - http://tech.yahoo.com/blog/patterson...L5.uwGSiISLpA5

And a more positive review - http://freecomputerconsultant.wordpr...windows-vista/

Also, we've got our own personal reviewer here on GC, I see that Shadow has just written a blog sharing his views on the subject.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:41 AM
Voice of Reason

Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via Skype™ to Cleric
I wonder how it recognizes various electronic devices. Chip inside?

Old 06-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Enthusiast

PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleric View Post
I wonder how it recognizes various electronic devices. Chip inside?
I'm guessing Bluetooth, which in the case of a cell phone, drains the battery fairly quickly.

Then people will start writing viruses which infect your bluetooth devices and then infect the Surface. Lots of potential security problems.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:59 PM
gamerDNA Team

Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeZzy View Post
I'm guessing Bluetooth, which in the case of a cell phone, drains the battery fairly quickly.

Then people will start writing viruses which infect your bluetooth devices and then infect the Surface. Lots of potential security problems.
Surface is a Vista PC. A ton of PCs already ship with embedded bluetooth, so I doubt this introduces any fundamentally new security concerns.

Disruptor Beam -- Facebook RPGs
Old 06-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Enthusiast

Kamujin is a cornerstone of the community Kamujin is a cornerstone of the community Kamujin is a cornerstone of the community
Bluetooth sucks. Thus anything dependent on Bluetooth is doomed to be annoyingly unreliable.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:43 AM
Enthusiast

PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community
Sarcasm...

Old 06-25-2007, 06:56 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeZzy View Post
Sarcasm...
LOL PeZzy that was hilarious in a sad true kinda way.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Founding Member

Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow
thanks for the blog shotout Dem! I like the idea but don't think it will "take over" like M-soft thinks I mean who wants to look down like those old video games

CHECK OUT THE GAMERDNA CITY
26 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 4% Dork