11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Ask a Hardware Guru

Old 06-19-2007, 02:09 AM

Hell-Portnoy has much to be proud of
How do you customize your avatar?
How do you customize the face on your avatar?
Old 06-19-2007, 12:09 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Just Kidding!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell-Portnoy View Post
Looks to me like you figured it out. Ever considered cosmetic dentistry?
Old 06-20-2007, 12:26 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
It's awful being literal-minded. Pity me.

"Well, first, I crop the image to show just the face and maybe some shoulders. Then I do color correction using the "levels" tool, especially to make sure the gamma and black level are pleasing. In the current avatar, I couldn't get the blue tones in my hair to come through without some adjustment. At this point I split the face off into its own layer separate from the background. Then I'd do some smoothing on the skin to hide any blemishes, scars, signs of old age, and (in the case of my current avatar) dirt. Then I spend quite a lot of time magic wanding the background away--it's good to start with a picture against a solid background that's not skin tone. Blue works well. Finally, I generate or choose a background, scale to an appropriate size, and save as a .png file."

Oh yeah, and there's an upload button someplace, but I see you found it. Nice work on the skin tones, btw.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 06-20-2007, 05:23 AM
Enthusiast

Kamujin is a cornerstone of the community Kamujin is a cornerstone of the community Kamujin is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
I don't. I'm too lazy.