11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 06-03-2007, 04:21 AM
I Are Famous!

Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community
Guild Events Page (FireFox Only Bug) (aka OMG she made ANOTHER thread!)
Having a small issue with the display on Guild Events page, but this only happens when using Mozilla Firefox....
Registering for an event seems to cause a bit of a layout problem. Everything displays properly as long as you're not signed up, but as soon as you do, the "drop from event" button (or in this case what looks more like three buttons) winds up creating it's own column all the way to the right along with the "Overall Slots" heading - Like so:

Especially since this is a problem with one browser and not another (looks fine in IE & my old standby CrazyBrowser), and Firefox usually works so well, I'm wondering if this may be due to the fact that I'm using the brand new update of Firefox? This has happened for Eliam Sylin, the other registered member as well, but he is using the same updated version that I am...
Old 06-03-2007, 05:05 PM
GuildCafe Theme Designer

Zel is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Zel
not sure about updated versions.. but Firefox actually tends to play by the rules better than IE, so if it's broken in IE but fine in firefox, it's usually IE's fault... and if it's broken in firefox but fine in IE, it usually has to do with the site design. aka they can probably fix it here and probably will asap now that you've found it for them.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:25 PM
I Are Famous!

Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community
Possible, I agree, but not certain. Sometimes the problem really does lie with Firefox, that's why they make IE plug-ins for it, so the page can be displayed using IE rendering instead. There's almost always a way to fix the problem though, no matter what the problem is, sometimes it's just more obvious than others...
Old 06-03-2007, 07:36 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Thanks for the screenie and browser info. I can't fix right now, because we have too many changes in the code to do a patch. I will fix it on development servers though.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:57 PM
I Are Famous!

Sounds good. Sometimes this stuff is really simple to fix, and sometimes not-so-much, you know?
Old 06-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Wills View Post
Possible, I agree, but not certain. Sometimes the problem really does lie with Firefox, that's why they make IE plug-ins for it
Actually, to be unnecessarily picky (oh god please don't let that be my legacy), the main purpose of IE plugins for Firefox is to duplicate IE bugs, and/or let you launch IE for sites that do browser detection and refuse to load (because the authors are too lazy/incapable of creating a decent looking cross-browser site). Many designers (and most older MS tools) create web sites that only work with IE's bugs.

While there is the odd bug in firefox, it's generally in the CSS layout trivia. (that horizontal-scrollbar-bug-with-100%-width bug is driving me nuts at work, and I notice that it's displaying on this page too.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 06-03-2007, 11:40 PM
I Are Famous!

Tek, now you ruined it...I was trying to sound like I knew what I was talking about. Now all I have to say to what you wrote is "huh?"

(Keep in mind, I don't expect an answer to that, because my response will almost certainly be the same! )
Old 06-05-2007, 07:00 PM
I Are Famous!

Another minor bug in the events field...the "Next Event:" shown on the main page is actually the upcoming event that was created first, not the event occurring soonest.

(I went through and posted our "regular" Friday & Sunday events first, and then added an event for tonight afterwards and it's displaying Sunday's event as being the next scheduled event.)
Old 06-05-2007, 08:40 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Yikes! What baboon coded this page. Yech! Oh...it was me. What a mess. I just wanted to let you know that I have this on my list and that I am recoding this page ASAP.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:39 PM
I Are Famous!

Thanks for the laugh & the fix, LoL. I still think you guys are doing an amazing job here.